Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

What's The Best Tasting Carambola?

<< < (4/4)

RodneyS:

--- Quote from: ASaffron on February 09, 2012, 05:38:52 PM ---
--- Quote from: bsbullie on February 09, 2012, 12:30:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: ASaffron on February 09, 2012, 12:26:42 PM ---Fwang Tung!!!

I love these, like a sweet green apple!

--- End quote ---
I have never tasted a Fwang Tung that tasted anything remotely like a green apple, sweet or tart...my very least favorite out of all I have tasted.

--- End quote ---

Different stroke for different folks!

Do you listen to Walyon Jennings (i can't help but like him)?  Seems like we have much different tastes, and you are quick to point out this phenomenon...which i think is important, because peoples enjoyment factor of any given fruit, is very subjective...same with the music of N.W. A. , and Boy George.

So opinions are like sphincters everyone has quite a few (even more than just one, pyloric, pupillary, ileocecal, etc...)

LOL

--- End quote ---

Wow, from NWA to Boy George & Culture Club.  That's quite a broad spectrum there. 

fruitlovers:
My favorite starfruit (carmbola--sorry but i think local name of starfruit is much better) is a seedling tree. I have 3 cultivars and 3 seedling trees. My favorite cultivar is Kari, with Sri Kembangan second. But honestly i can't say i taste a whole lot of difference between one and the other. In a blind taste test i probably couldn't tell any of them apart! I was pretty dumb to plant so many as when they fruit we are up to our armpits in starfruits. We juice them and also dry some, and barter with others. But still tons go to waste under the trees. This fruit is the zucchini of the fruit world! I alredy chopped one of the trees down, but still have 5 trees = many hundred (thousands?) of pounds of fruits! Maybe i should figure out how to make biodiesel from them? Could drive all the way around the island many times! 8)
Oscar

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version