Author Topic: Fruit Lover's Nursery Seed and Scions  (Read 146960 times)

digigarden

• Maurice or digigarden
    • Dominican Republic,Santo Domingo- Miami.FL addr
    • View Profile
Re: Fruit Lover's Nursery Seed and Scions
« Reply #275 on: August 05, 2014, 03:19:27 AM »
You already corrected it, thanks!

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 20, 2014, 01:36:25 PM »
Hi Oscar,

I bought Green sapote seeds from you and I'm wondering, how many varities of green sapote do you have ?.
Moh'd

gunnar429

• Nothing like fruit from your own yard!
    • West Park, FL 33023, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 20, 2014, 01:40:09 PM »
Oscar, how long ago did you move to where you are now, in Hawaii?  You speak of some of your trees being quite large.  Were any planted on the property when you bought it?
~Jeff

"Say you just can't live that negative way, if you know what I mean. Make way for the positive day." - Positive Vibration

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #278 on: November 20, 2014, 04:03:16 PM »
Hi Oscar,

I bought Green sapote seeds from you and I'm wondering, how many varities of green sapote do you have ?.

I have the variety Makawao, and a couple of seedling trees.
Oscar

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #279 on: November 20, 2014, 04:05:37 PM »
Oscar, how long ago did you move to where you are now, in Hawaii?  You speak of some of your trees being quite large.  Were any planted on the property when you bought it?

Moved here in 1989, so started planting 25 years ago. Didn't plant everything at once, so have trees of varying ages, and still planting, and now starting to replace some old trees or non fruiting trees.
Oscar

HMHausman

• Mod Emeritus
    • USA, Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, Florida, Zone 10B
    • View Profile
    • Pines Ticket Defense, LLC
« Reply #280 on: November 22, 2014, 09:29:42 PM »
Hey Oscar...you moved to Hawaii the same year I purchased my property. 

I am not sure you posted anywhere else, but is the current lava flow heading towards Pahoa affecting or threatening you and your property? I had an e-mail from Alaska Mike advising that their access to town was cut off but otherwise they were unaffected so far other than poor air quality. What's your situation?
Harry
Fort Lauderdale, FL 
USA

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #281 on: November 22, 2014, 10:58:40 PM »
Hey Oscar...you moved to Hawaii the same year I purchased my property. 

I am not sure you posted anywhere else, but is the current lava flow heading towards Pahoa affecting or threatening you and your property? I had an e-mail from Alaska Mike advising that their access to town was cut off but otherwise they were unaffected so far other than poor air quality. What's your situation?
Hi Harry, yes there was a previous thread about this. I'm not at all affected so far, except that some nights there is smoke in the air from the forest burning. I don't know why Mike told you that? His access to town is not at all affected. His property is just a couple miles from me. But he doesn't live here full time. So maybe he is confused about what actually occured? The news has blown this totally out of proportion....as is usual for the media. Either that or you misunderstood him? The lava has not cut any roads, except for a very small country road going to transfer dump station, and county set  up dump somewhere else. There is a danger the lava could in the future cut the main road access to this area, but for last 3 weeks the flow is completely stalled and has not advanced. The government has opened up alternate detour roads already, just in case main highway is closed in future.
Oscar

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 23, 2014, 01:40:59 PM »
Hi Oscar,

I have the variety Makawao, and a couple of seedling trees.

Thanks.

Which variety is your favorite ?.
Moh'd

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 12, 2014, 11:39:13 AM »
Hi Oscar,

There is one fruit on you list that has no info on it anywhere, Google or this forum. Lacmellea oblongata. Can you tell us something about it?
Also how do you ship rambutan scions. Are they in cuttings form, bud patch? Can they still be viable after one week of travel?

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #284 on: December 12, 2014, 05:41:39 PM »
Hi Oscar,

There is one fruit on you list that has no info on it anywhere, Google or this forum. Lacmellea oblongata. Can you tell us something about it?
Also how do you ship rambutan scions. Are they in cuttings form, bud patch? Can they still be viable after one week of travel?
If you look at the post about visit to Jim West's place you will see that there i posted some information and a photo of this fruit i am calling chicle: http://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=12783.msg162879#msg162879
The rambutan scions are shipped as cutting, just like all other scions, sent in moistened vermiculite inside tightly wrapped zip lock bag. I've sent some rambutans and longans to Brazil that took close to a month and were still took.
Oscar

msk0072

• Greece, Crete, Hania, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: December 13, 2014, 05:22:19 AM »
Hi Oscar,

If you look at the post about visit to Jim West's place you will see that there i posted some information and a photo of this fruit i am calling chicle: http://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=12783.msg162879#msg162879
The rambutan scions are shipped as cutting, just like all other scions, sent in moistened vermiculite inside tightly wrapped zip lock bag. I've sent some rambutans and longans to Brazil that took close to a month and were still took.
What is the best way to root the cuttings of longan and rambutan?
Mike

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #286 on: December 13, 2014, 05:30:36 AM »
Hi Oscar,

I think you misunderstood. These cuttings are for use for grafting, not for rooting.
Oscar

msk0072

• Greece, Crete, Hania, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 13, 2014, 11:32:58 AM »
Hi Oscar,

I think you misunderstood. These cuttings are for use for grafting, not for rooting.
Ok thank you
Mike

Tropicaliste

• Washington D.C. Area, US 7a
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 13, 2015, 10:31:16 AM »
Oscar: I'd like to order those Lemba seeds, but can't much on the plant aside from the curculin. Can you tell me more about the plant? It seems like a palm. :)

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #289 on: January 13, 2015, 05:16:37 PM »
Oscar: I'd like to order those Lemba seeds, but can't much on the plant aside from the curculin. Can you tell me more about the plant? It seems like a palm. :)
There was a thread about it before on the forum, and i posted a photo and some info. Plant is nothing like a palm, looks more like a ginger plant. If you have any specific questions i'll try to answer?
Oscar

dogbane

• USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 13, 2015, 11:15:25 PM »
Oscar,

Do you know how long the Lemba seeds remain viable for?   

I ordered some from someone else and so far none of them have germinated. I planted them indoors in a pot.   The weather where I live isn't very warm this time of year even though I am in Florida. 

I am going to plant my remaining seeds in some pots this summer when the temperatures are very hot. When the daily highs are above 90 degrees F. 

I think I might be having the same issue with Borojoa seeds.   

I have read they will remain dormant if the soil temperature isn't warm. 

I also plan to put them outside when its warmer. They are inside some plastic baggies with spaghnum moss.  ( the kind that is anti- damping off)

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #291 on: January 13, 2015, 11:35:12 PM »
Oscar,

Do you know how long the Lemba seeds remain viable for?   

I ordered some from someone else and so far none of them have germinated. I planted them indoors in a pot.   The weather where I live isn't very warm this time of year even though I am in Florida. 

I am going to plant my remaining seeds in some pots this summer when the temperatures are very hot. When the daily highs are above 90 degrees F. 

I think I might be having the same issue with Borojoa seeds.   

I have read they will remain dormant if the soil temperature isn't warm. 

I also plan to put them outside when its warmer. They are inside some plastic baggies with spaghnum moss.  ( the kind that is anti- damping off)
I don't know how long the lemba seeds remain viable for. They look like they would last long time if kept dry and cool. I would go for starting them on top of warming mat SAP. Maybe keep a few seeds in fridge as backups to try to start later if first batch don't germinate.
Oscar

Tropicaliste

• Washington D.C. Area, US 7a
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 13, 2015, 11:54:00 PM »
Thanks lol I kept typing lemba and the post was under curculigo. I think I will order. :)

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 07, 2015, 11:23:07 AM »
Hi Oscar,

Last week, I got Ross sapote seeds.

Thank you
Moh'd

palologrower

• Honolulu, HI, US, Zone 12B
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 11, 2015, 09:27:19 PM »
Hi, Tried to check your website, but it says page does not exist.  Do you have a list of seeds you can mail to Oahu?  Thanks in advance!

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #295 on: March 11, 2015, 09:33:31 PM »
Hi, Tried to check your website, but it says page does not exist.  Do you have a list of seeds you can mail to Oahu?  Thanks in advance!

i just checked his website...it works for me just fine!
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #296 on: March 11, 2015, 11:33:39 PM »

The front page does not work on mobile devices for some reason. Go instead directly to the seed page, that should work fine on any device: http://fruitlovers.com/seedlistUSA.htm
Oscar

jackedfruit

• Sweden, Zone 7a / Greenhouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 12, 2015, 08:46:43 AM »

The front page does not work on mobile devices for some reason. Go instead directly to the seed page, that should work fine on any device: http://fruitlovers.com/seedlistUSA.htm

It's just a faulty redirect to m.fruitlovers.com, a page that doesn't exist. You could optimize your site for mobiles or just remove the redirect, the latter being the easiest solution.

http://blog.woorank.com/2014/06/how-to-redirect-mobile-users-on-your-website/

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #298 on: March 12, 2015, 04:19:37 PM »

It's just a faulty redirect to m.fruitlovers.com, a page that doesn't exist. You could optimize your site for mobiles or just remove the redirect, the latter being the easiest solution.

http://blog.woorank.com/2014/06/how-to-redirect-mobile-users-on-your-website/

OK thanks, i'd been wondering how to fix that. I'll do it.
Oscar

palologrower

• Honolulu, HI, US, Zone 12B
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 12, 2015, 06:57:31 PM »
last night on the ipad was no problem. today on the desktop using chrome or internet explorer, page doesn't show. ugh. well, i'll have to look at it tonight.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk