Author Topic: Gibberellic acid for germination and growth,fast fruiting  (Read 2335 times)

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
Gibberellic acid for germination and growth,fast fruiting
« on: April 14, 2019, 03:24:01 PM »
Anybody that has experience using Gibberellic acid for germination,plant growth or fast fruiting,seedless fruits,etc,please share.

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
Re: Gibberellic acid for germination and growth,fast fruiting
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 08:30:09 PM »
I soaked somme recalcitrant seeds for 24 jours in 500 ppm solution( i used efervescent gibberellic acid pills to make the solution).African persimmon D Lycioides,a verry rare annonaceae ,Uvaria Grandiflora seeds.These seeds i had them in wet paper towels for 4 months allready without any sign they would germinate.And i also sprayed 200 ppm acid solution on 2 small feijoa seedlings.Il announce later if the seeds will germinate or if the feijoa seedlings will grow to become monsters.

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 06:50:56 PM »
After a week nothing happened ,so i made fresh solution with 1500 ppm and Uvaria Grandiflora and Diospyros Lycioides seeds are soaking again for 24 hours.Its also possible that the seeds might be too old and dead so even gibberellic acid that was used to germinate thousands of years old seeds ,might not revive them.

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 09:05:31 PM »
Update about gibberellic acid.The only feijoa seedling that wasnt sprayed with acid solution ,died.The otther 2 that were treated survived and they do well.Today i scarified somme verry old pecans brought from supermarket.They were soo old and dry that the kernel inside had cracked ,but i mannage to get a few good ones ,like less than a quarter and they are soaking now for 24 hours in 500 ppm gibberellic acid solution.After that they will go in the fridge for a month or 2 ( its called cold stratification ).Last time i germinated supermarket brought pecans,i got 2 percent germination rate without gibberellic acid and 3 months in the fridge.

New_Jungle

• USA, Hi,Hilo, 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 01:01:31 PM »
Interested in the U. grandiflora! I’ve had mines about that long too and they haven’t popped either. Hopefully it works.
The best time to plant a fruit tree was 20 years ago. The next best time to plant one is now.
Follow me on Instagram: newjunglehawaii

lebmung

• Romania, Bucharest,7b (inside city 8a)
    • View Profile
    • Plante tropicale
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 02:24:06 PM »
I use Gibberellic acid. Each plant to germinate has different needs. High doses are very dangerous, it will make all your plants weak and spiny.

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2019, 06:31:18 AM »
Pithecellobium dulce with red flesh( guamucil/ manilla tamarind) with 500 ppm Gibberellic acid/24 hours bath resulted in 100 percent germination.
Uvaria Grandiflora doesnt give any sign.I might have verry old seeds but i will order soon another batch of seeds.

lebmung

• View Profile
    • Plante tropicale
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2019, 06:36:33 PM »
200ppm is not much, but be careful it will make your plants leggy and week once they start growing
I wonder how you make the ga3 solution, do you know the protocol?

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2019, 06:50:11 PM »
200ppm is not much, but be careful it will make your plants leggy and week once they start growing
I wonder how you make the ga3 solution, do you know the protocol?
I use 500 ppm as the lowest dose.What protocol are you talking? To mix the acid with alcohool or acetone first?

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2019, 02:05:22 AM »
Purple mangosteen seeds in 500 ppm gibberellic acid/24 hours.The seeds are directly from fruit but the larger one got a bit dryed for a few days.I also peeled the seeds from the furry outer layer.

lebmung

• View Profile
    • Plante tropicale
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2019, 04:18:28 PM »
 I use 500 ppm as the lowest dose.What protocol are you talking? To mix the acid with alcohool or acetone first?
[/quote]

Acetone is very toxic to seeds

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2019, 09:08:50 PM »
One old cherimoya seed germinated with gibberellic acid.Same 500 ppm/24 hours ,treatment.
Because Cherimoya seeds float,i put a little cartboard on top of them to keep them fully submerged while soaking in solution.

Below ,Acacia Dealbata seed germinated with 500 ppm/24 hours.Not a fruit tree but still interesting.

Forester

• Zone 4 Russia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2019, 01:32:18 AM »
In Russia, no one uses GA3, we have our own drugs here, the most popular is called "Epin". I have never seen any improvement in its use, and therefore decided to try GA3. I bought it on ebay. How should i make a solute? I was not given any instructions.
❀ Sergey ❀

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2019, 05:37:02 AM »
In Russia, no one uses GA3, we have our own drugs here, the most popular is called "Epin". I have never seen any improvement in its use, and therefore decided to try GA3. I bought it on ebay. How should i make a solute? I was not given any instructions.

I use efervescent pills with GA3 that need only water .If you got powder ,you might need to mix it in a little alcohol first ( somme use acetone but be carefull with that), and then with water.The powder is poorly soluble in water.