Author Topic: MANGO TREE ETHICS  (Read 3788 times)

Orkine

• Jupiter, FL, USA
    • View Profile
Re: MANGO TREE ETHICS
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2020, 08:23:56 PM »
May take you up on that one day..

Honest Abe

• Biscayne Park, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2020, 04:11:48 PM »
Zands, here’s a funny one for ya...after all the ethics debates, the neighbor who owns the tree moved to Atlanta and told me to pick the rest of the tree before the new owners move in! Score!

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2020, 10:09:23 PM »
New buyers cut trees down fruit trees all the time so have a good talk with new neighbor

From late 1960s into the 1970s My father had a 1949 wooden hull Chriscraft boat. About 22ft long. My job was to caulk the seams every two years. I did a good job but there inevitably was seepage that we removed with the bilge pump. Back then caulk came in a can. It had a slant six inboard engine that never failed us. Coolant of course was ocean water. We did lots of fishing. Blues were always an easy catch. Flounder, blow fish and better fish were around too. This was off of Freeport, Long Island in NY.

We would often hook dogfish, which as you know are tiny sharks. We would take them by the tail and wack them against the hull a few times. Stunned or dead I don't know, they were tossed back in the ocean. For sure some swam away. This was always good for some mirth and  laughs. We water-skied off it even though the  Chriscraft didn't go fast. I often drove the boat though my father was the captain. He took boating classes at the power squadron to learn charts and other important requirements.

So.....Orkine and I can bring down a bushel of mangoes in a few weeks. After you and yours have eaten them all you give us a phone call and we will go out on the water for a day. Good trade as far as I know.  :)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 10:11:48 PM by zands »