Author Topic: Where to hunt for rare fruits in West Malaysia  (Read 883 times)

All the fruit

• Germany
    • View Profile
    • Youtube: all the fruit
Where to hunt for rare fruits in West Malaysia
« on: December 28, 2019, 11:00:41 AM »
Hi,
Found over 400 fruit species in Borneo a year ago, my most succesfull fruit trip so far:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbdhahikKZs&list=PL2AyaQ9frDUvlYqSgv6aILA2bI_CxPrxI
 This time i am going to West Malaysia starting from new years eve. Where shall i look for fruits (wild durian species, durian cultivars, rare jungle fruits)? Where is the fruit season in January? And most important are they some fruits enthusiasts there who would like to meet and help me hunting down the rarest fruits?
Looking forward to any tips.

Finca La Isla

• Costa Rica, Southern Caribbean coast
    • View Profile
    • finca la isla
Re: Where to hunt for rare fruits in West Malaysia
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 04:41:49 PM »
I would contact Lindsay at the blog 'year of the durian'. She has been based in Malaysia for years and is a full time fruit hunter with amazing contacts.  She leads tours, private and group, and also does highly rated consultations and shares her contacts.  Highly recommended.
Peter

ben mango

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 11:23:18 AM »
I had some great fruits in KL and bentong area when i was there a couple years ago this time of year. I wouldnt expect to find as many rare , wild fruits there as you found in Borneo though

All the fruit

• Germany
    • View Profile
    • Youtube: all the fruit
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2020, 08:14:25 AM »
Thank you, i want to go to Borneo in a few weeks but first i like to try West Malaysia. Yeah, Lindsay is great.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk