Author Topic: Wanted: EDWARD, PPK, DAY & ORO NEGRO TREES  (Read 1094 times)

nighthawk0911@yahoo.com

• Blue lives matter.
    • SW Florida Zone 9B
    • View Profile
Wanted: EDWARD, PPK, DAY & ORO NEGRO TREES
« on: March 05, 2020, 04:34:52 PM »
Looking for these trees in healthy filled out 3 gallon size with decent roots.  Need a place that ship or is in the Tampa area.  Yes already tried Pine Island in Miami & Fruitscapes in Bookelia.  Thanks. 
Blessed be the man who plants a tree knowing he will never live to enjoy it's fruit or shade.

JakeFruit

• Mod Emeritus
  • FL Gulf Coast Fruit Lover Spam Fighter
    • zone 10A
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted: EDWARD, PPK, DAY & ORO NEGRO TREES
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 09:09:21 AM »
Have you tried Jene's Tropicals in St Pete? They had a great selection last I was through there (I'd call them, dunno how uptodate their website is on individual trees). http://tropicalfruit.com/

Jackson

• Tampa, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 01:02:51 PM »
I am in the Tampa bay area and got most of my mango trees from Squam (Alex - Tropical Fruit Acres in West Palm Beach) and Truly Tropical in Delray Beach. I first bought trees from Alex when I stopped by his place a couple of summers ago to buy fruit and I got another tree from him a couple of weeks ago. This time, I placed an order online and he had it ready for pick up the next day. Great customer service and I have always been more than satisfied with the trees I got from him.

Har helped me pick the trees I got from Truly Tropical (I bought six from there about a year and a half ago). Very happy with the trees I got there, too.

I have bought a couple of mango trees from Excalibur. While, they did not look nearly as good (they were pretty rootbound) as the ones from Alex and Chris/Har, after a hard pruning, they have recovered and seem to be doing well.

Another place to try is Lara Farms.

Jackson

• Tampa, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 01:08:49 PM »
Need a place that ship or is in the Tampa area

Okay, ignore my previous comment. I totally missed this bit.

Vernmented

• Starry Nursery/Plant Hoarder/Zone Pusher/Biochar Enthusiast
    • USA, Florida, Sarasota, 9B/10A
    • View Profile
    • Starry Nursery Instagram
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2020, 01:11:25 PM »
Looking for these trees in healthy filled out 3 gallon size with decent roots.  Need a place that ship or is in the Tampa area.  Yes already tried Pine Island in Miami & Fruitscapes in Bookelia.  Thanks.

I can graft you Day and Oro Negro and ship if you are interested. Rootstocks are 1 gal rootmaker at the moment. PM if you are interested. They will be small but that is how I prefer to plant them anyway. The root pruned avocados are far superior in my experience.
-Josh

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk