Author Topic: Wanted: Pometia pinnata seeds from different types, Matoa aka island lychee  (Read 2964 times)

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
Moh'd

Jacob13

• Southern California - Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Me too........

Tropicaliste

• Washington D.C. Area, US 7a
    • View Profile
Did you ask Maryoto? I bought some from him a while back. They were with good germination too.

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
Did you ask Maryoto? I bought some from him a while back. They were with good germination too.

I have only asked beni. Still waiting for his pm.

Thanks
Moh'd

Raulglezruiz

• Puerto Vallarta,Mexico. Lat 21.5 Semi Tropical
    • View Profile

Thanks
I bought from Beni last year through EMS   took only 6 days to  arrive, and seeds   arrive root with white mold, he  resend again for free just me paying the  EMS again, same results  death seeds
With white mold, when I inform him  the same thing happened his answer was "sorry I always  fail with Matoa" hopefully you have better luck, I'm also in the market from Matoa....
El verde es vida!

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
They are one of the most difficult species to send the seeds of as they are so prone to spoiling. I wonder how many people had seeds of them survive from me. I did send black, green, yellow and red types around of the best types. The eye popping giant Fiji longan which I posted pix of before doesn't have as crispy a shell. It is one of the white whales in my area I am yet to bag as the failed wet season meant the tree didn't fruit early this year like it should have.

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile

Thanks
I bought from Beni last year through EMS   took only 6 days to  arrive, and seeds   arrive root with white mold, he  resend again for free just me paying the  EMS again, same results  death seeds
With white mold, when I inform him  the same thing happened his answer was "sorry I always  fail with Matoa" hopefully you have better luck, I'm also in the market from Matoa....

Sorry hear that
Moh'd

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
They are one of the most difficult species to send the seeds of as they are so prone to spoiling. I wonder how many people had seeds of them survive from me. I did send black, green, yellow and red types around of the best types. The eye popping giant Fiji longan which I posted pix of before doesn't have as crispy a shell. It is one of the white whales in my area I am yet to bag as the failed wet season meant the tree didn't fruit early this year like it should have.

Mike, you should seriously consider opening an online store for tropical plants seeds.

Thanks
Moh'd

Tropicaliste

• Washington D.C. Area, US 7a
    • View Profile
I find that very interesting. I had 100% germination on my pometia pinnata from Maryoto, and I ordered them in the dead of winter to Maryland. I better take extra special care to get them to grow. :)

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
hHave a look at some of the pix I posted on the forum and you will see I have selected the thick fleshed types to send seeds away from. These typically have smaller seeds that don't travel as well.I think I'm not too bad at packing seeds to maximise their life in the post.

robinhood

• Australia,QLD, brisbane
    • View Profile
Hi mike do u have any fijian longan/  pometia pinnata seeds available? Id certainly like to try growing some
As i hear there pretty good thanks