Author Topic: Strawberry plant directly out of a strawberry...  (Read 3092 times)

Grapebush

• Portugal, Madeira Island, Funchal, 11
    • View Profile
Strawberry plant directly out of a strawberry...
« on: January 23, 2016, 08:00:50 AM »
Has anyone ever saw this? I had a little strawberry plant, growing directly, out of a strawberry fruit.
It is very bizarre, for me, as I've never seen nothing like this, and I'm quite familiarized with strawberries, as my family always had them...

Here are the photos of that:

Ps. I know the fruit is quite ugly, because a slug ate half of it...
Life is all about learning, but sometimes, the more you learn, the less you seem to know...

shaneatwell

• California, San Diego, sunset 23 and 18
    • View Profile
Re: Strawberry plant directly out of a strawberry...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 11:46:14 AM »
Cute. Have never seen it but wasn't really looking either. Now I will.
Shane

Grouchomax

• USA, CA, Pasadena, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 12:06:59 PM »
It's probably behaving just like tomato seed germinating inside a ripe tomato as the seed got tricked into germination due to temperature change or whatever.

Grapebush

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 07:42:15 PM »
It's probably behaving just like tomato seed germinating inside a ripe tomato as the seed got tricked into germination due to temperature change or whatever.

It is possible that it was tricked by the temperature change, as we are having a crazy winter, with many temperature variations! One day we have 25C and the next we have 15C and a lot of rain...
Life is all about learning, but sometimes, the more you learn, the less you seem to know...

Grouchomax

• USA, CA, Pasadena, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 08:19:53 PM »
I guess this el Nino thing isn't just impacting the US.

It is possible that it was tricked by the temperature change, as we are having a crazy winter, with many temperature variations! One day we have 25C and the next we have 15C and a lot of rain...

Grapebush

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 02:40:50 AM »
I guess this el Nino thing isn't just impacting the US.

You can bet it isn't! Even the Azores anti-ciclone, seems not to be working anymore...

fruit delivery vancouver

• Office fruit delivery
    • Vancouver
    • View Profile
    • office fruit delivery vancouver
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 03:44:37 PM »
For those of you who remember everything you learned from Biology, its the same thing that happens when the cell divides, the phase where the chromosomes get equally divided and have pulled by the spindle fibres to opposite ends of the cell; here, the "parent cell" begins slowly splitting into two "daughter cells".  The complete division has not taken place and you have a sort of Siamese berry.

I bet the slug enjoyed it! We supply office snacks and we are growing strawberries for our clients this summer. We often remind them that we love the imperfections of mother nature!
office fruit and snacks
www.fruitfulloffices.ca