Author Topic: WTB: Green coffee beans, for roasting  (Read 1688 times)

TravelingFriend

• North America, SE states, Louisiana, Georgia, Florida, Zone 9a - 10a
    • View Profile
WTB: Green coffee beans, for roasting
« on: March 20, 2017, 11:30:50 PM »
Shopping for beans from a farm known of within the community of growers.

Please let me know if I can buy unroasted coffee beans, up to 3 lbs, from you or a friend.

Thank you!

gnappi

• South East Florida (U.S.A) Zone 10A
    • View Profile
Re: WTB: Green coffee beans, for roasting
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 04:21:24 AM »

Please let me know if I can buy unroasted coffee beans, up to 3 lbs, from you or a friend.

Thank you!

If you're in So. Fla (Broward) I'll let you pick more coffee cherries (not beans) than you can handle.

Note... I do not, will not ship, anywhere... EVER, so don't ask :-)

Regards,

Gary

Mark in Texas

• Fredericksburg Texas, (central TX), zone 8a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 08:39:37 AM »

Thank you!

Sweet Maria's beans.  They really take this stuff seriously and offer only the best.

Hard to beat the community based and supported area of Costa Rica Tarrazu La Millita.  Highest quality too.  Goodland Organics sells locally grown (SoCal) greens but the prices are ridiculous.

Mark
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 09:35:21 AM by Mark in Texas »

starch

• My brain is like oatmeal
    • Chandler, AZ. zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 09:31:39 AM »

Thank you!

Sweet Maria's beans.  They really take this stuff seriously and offer only the best.

Hard to beat the community based and supported area of Costa Rica Tarrazu La Millita.  Highest quality too.  Goodland Organics sells locally grown (SoCal) greens but the prices our ridiculous.

Mark

When I used to roast my own coffee (which I did for years) I always bought my beans from Sweet Marias. Totally agreed they are the best.
- Mark

Mark in Texas

• Fredericksburg Texas, (central TX), zone 8a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 09:40:25 AM »

Thank you!

Hard to beat the community based and supported area of Costa Rica Tarrazu La Millita.  Highest quality too.  Goodland Organics sells locally grown (SoCal) greens but the prices our ridiculous.

Mark

When I used to roast my own coffee (which I did for years) I always bought my beans from Sweet Marias. Totally agreed they are the best.

I find home roasting addicting.  Have roasted about every origin out there. 

TravelingFriend

• North America, SE states, Louisiana, Georgia, Florida, Zone 9a - 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 09:46:12 PM »

Thank you!

Mark

I find home roasting addicting.  Have roasted about every origin out there.

Ooh it is very exciting. I have never had home roasts, but in Lafayette, LA there is a local roast and brew cafe, called Rev. But I never asked too much. Only learning slowly...

I will wait another day or two until I order. Maybe other ideas.

Sweet Maria's, huh? I know Maji, Glowing Feather who has a farm down in CR I think. Have friends in PR now, and may have a box of fruit coming.. :) now I'll ask them for coffee