Author Topic: anyone wanna give me seeds  (Read 5250 times)

jermaine

• View Profile
anyone wanna give me seeds
« on: September 18, 2012, 08:17:24 PM »

im from guam im 24   and i love to plant

ReneeFLL

• USA, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33312, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Re: anyone wanna give me seeds
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 10:00:04 PM »
You should list the type of seeds you are looking for.

jermaine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 10:05:31 PM »
all types

jermaine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 10:37:21 PM »

carraig

• View Profile
    • Amber's Edibles
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 07:52:47 AM »
Hi Jermaine,

Welcome to the forum.  Being from Guam, you probably have a lot of tropical fruit there yourself.  You will probably get a lot more responses if you let us know a bit about you and what you have to offer in trade.  The reason this community is so awesome is that the sharing of seeds is a two way street.

Regards,
Carraig

amitzauber

• Israel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 08:45:35 AM »
Hi Jermaine,

Welcome to the forum.  Being from Guam, you probably have a lot of tropical fruit there yourself.  You will probably get a lot more responses if you let us know a bit about you and what you have to offer in trade.  The reason this community is so awesome is that the sharing of seeds is a two way street.

Regards,
Carraig

please tell us about what is growing in guam

jermaine

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 08:20:05 PM »
i just started i have almond tree a persimon tree aplle tress its all from seeds from the store

Tomas

• USA, Virginia - 7a
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 10:54:14 PM »
Hi jermaine,

I believe there is someone else on this forum from Guam. Perhaps he can give you advice what grows well on your island, and where you can get seeds locally.

Tomas

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 07:10:51 AM »
Hi Jermaine,

Regards,
Carraig
Actually, what makes this forum great is that many WILL be glad to share seeds/scions while asking for nothing in return or the cost of the postage at most.  Many "new" hobbyists do not have anything which is why they are asking...it is not fair to penalize someone who wants to learn and partake because they are new to the hobby...
- Rob

Tropicdude

• Broward County, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 12:01:34 PM »
Hi Jermaine,

Regards,
Carraig
Actually, what makes this forum great is that many WILL be glad to share seeds/scions while asking for nothing in return or the cost of the postage at most.  Many "new" hobbyists do not have anything which is why they are asking...it is not fair to penalize someone who wants to learn and partake because they are new to the hobby...

Here in the DR, i grow extra plants just for the purpose of giving them away, things like Miracle fruit, Moringa, and Pitaya cuttings  etc.  wish I had more plants mature enough to produce seeds. the problem I have is trading with the US, since they have such a tight policy , I wont bring seeds or plants etc. with me on trips to the States. and I have not tried sending seeds by mail. i would guess there is a chance they would get quarantined.
William
" The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.....The second best time, is now ! "

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2012, 01:42:49 AM »
Hi Jermaine,

Regards,
Carraig

Here in the DR, i grow extra plants just for the purpose of giving them away, things like Miracle fruit, Moringa, and Pitaya cuttings  etc.  wish I had more plants mature enough to produce seeds. the problem I have is trading with the US, since they have such a tight policy , I wont bring seeds or plants etc. with me on trips to the States. and I have not tried sending seeds by mail. i would guess there is a chance they would get quarantined.

William, entry of seeds into USA is actually pretty easy IF you follow proper protocol, which includes having a seed permit from USDA before hand. But it's free and not hard to get and spells out all the rules. BTW seeds are never quarantined, if entry is without a permit they will be incinerated. Only plants are quarantined, and that is only if you have a permit, otherwise they also go into the burning chamber.
Oscar

Tropicdude

• Broward County, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2012, 02:44:36 AM »
I did get one of those permits once, I was going to order seeds from Ecuador, but ended up finding a US source before I used it.  so it would be really the person I send the seeds to in the US that would need to send me the envelope with the USDA permit before hand , correct?

William
" The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.....The second best time, is now ! "

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2012, 05:04:18 AM »
I did get one of those permits once, I was going to order seeds from Ecuador, but ended up finding a US source before I used it.  so it would be really the person I send the seeds to in the US that would need to send me the envelope with the USDA permit before hand , correct?

Yes that's right, except they can email you the permit as an attachment, you print it out and include it in the package.
Oscar

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk