Author Topic: Glenn Mango Tree dropping young leaves  (Read 2005 times)

Paquicuba

• United States, FL, Weston, 10B
    • View Profile
Glenn Mango Tree dropping young leaves
« on: December 13, 2016, 02:04:07 PM »
Hello everyone!

My name is Alejandro from Weston, FL. I'm new to the forum and I have been searching for a little while now, but haven't been able to pinpoint exactly what's wrong with my mango tree. If anyone here can help me to identify why young leaves (the ones from the last flushing) are turning brown and falling, I'll appreciate it a lot. Thanks!!

FYI: The tree has not been fertilized since September and the temperature here hasn't dropped below 55 degrees so far this year.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 02:07:10 PM by Paquicuba »

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Glenn Mango Tree dropping young leaves
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 02:38:16 PM »
In ground or in a pot?  If in ground, when was it planted?  How big/old is it?  How often do you water?
- Rob

TnTrobbie

• runs with pruners
  • ZonePusher has a spot for that.
    • 10b + 9b FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 02:43:11 PM »
Welcome Alejandro :). A picture of the tree (and knowing its age, in pot or in ground) etc) would be of better help in trying to find out what's wrong with your tree. About 1-2 weeks ago a couple of my in ground mango tress lost some of its oldest leaves that turned bright yellow and fell off- a natural process that in my experience heralds some new growth (flowers or vegetative) is coming. If, as you said, young leaves from the last flushing as dropping as shown in the picture, it could be something else. Was it transplanted recently? What do you water with and how often? A tree pics would help.
The Earth laughs in flowers. And bear gifts through fruits.
No where to plant it ...but at least I got it. ;)
F*ck squirrels and deers

Paquicuba

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 04:07:41 PM »
Thanks a lot guys for Welcoming me and for your replies.

The tree is now two and a half years in the ground and it's around 12 feet tall. I currently don't water it - it gets its water from rainfall at this point (we had a wet last weekend.) However, there are other plants (not under the drip line) close to the tree that get more supplemental water such as Heliconias and Alocasias.

I don't have a picture of the tree at this moment since I'm not home, but I'll take some pics tomorrow morning.

Thanks a lot!

Paquicuba

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 09:36:56 AM »
Hello Guys!

Below are some images of the tree - sorry, the sun was not letting me take good pictures. As you can see, the tree looks very healthy except for certain leaves.

Thanks a lot for your help!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk