Author Topic: Looking for Plinia sp. Jabuticaba Branca Rajada  (Read 4142 times)

palologrower

• Honolulu, HI, US, Zone 12B
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Plinia sp. Jabuticaba Branca Rajada
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2021, 08:56:42 PM »
Good luck on finding a Plinia Watermelon any time soon not on eBay. It is a new introduction and is highly sought after. Actually putting a posting looking for it on here probably won’t help in you finding it at a lower price because it just increased more people interested in that variety. Your best bet was to ask one of the eBay sellers if they will let you know when they do another auction and  hope less bidders notice it. I have been outbid countless times just means someone else wanted more than me or I should of put a higher bid right at the ending.

If be scared to sell if I only had two. 
Personally 2 is dicey at that size.  I would’ve waited till you were out of the woods. One wrong move after last nights wind/rain could win em out if they were outside. Some trays flipped over and I had to fix them back at 11 at night in the dark.
This post is almost over a year old, at that time it was sold more often off of eBay. Payment directly to the grower is what I was looking to do not pay online state taxes and ebay fees that do not go right the people that take the time and risk.  That is why I posted this in February of last year.

I apologize for not understanding the state of this forum or your post. I was under the impression spamming is less ideal by creating multiple posts on the same subject in the for sale section. It wasn't until I saw your post (that got revived by someone else) come up that I decided to sell. I paid over $95 (plus $20 shipping) for 2 seeds that were imported from Sfax, Tunisia (North Africa) by Sellami that I won on a FB auction. I was not intending on selling it but since a few people were still looking for this specimen I didn't feel right keeping more than 1 of them to myself and figured it would be the fair thing to do to sell one to another person in need. I understood the price was higher and was not worried if it didn't sell or if another seller stepped up with offerings at better prices since I was content on keeping it anyway.  I wanted it to be fair for everyone to get a chance to buy it since I only have one seedling to offer and I don't have the ability to get more anytime soon. I myself am very impatient and wouldn't want to wait for someone's tree to fruit before I could get this tree.  I am sorry to continue this thread further with my post, but I do not want any hard feelings as this a tight community of Plinia collectors and it all comes down to the love of the trees.  I am just some guy who has spent many thousands (my entire savings) on seedlings on ebay and elsewhere on just Plinias this last year and wanted to pay it forward a bit and not hog them all to myself.  Again I am sorry -cheers and keep on collecting. -Shiloh
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 09:38:11 PM by palologrower »

Indra

• WA,zone 9
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Plinia sp. Jabuticaba Branca Rajada
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2021, 01:47:43 AM »
Good luck on finding a Plinia Watermelon any time soon not on eBay. It is a new introduction and is highly sought after. Actually putting a posting looking for it on here probably won’t help in you finding it at a lower price because it just increased more people interested in that variety. Your best bet was to ask one of the eBay sellers if they will let you know when they do another auction and  hope less bidders notice it. I have been outbid countless times just means someone else wanted more than me or I should of put a higher bid right at the ending.

I apologize for not understanding the state of this forum or your post. I was under the impression spamming is less ideal by creating multiple posts on the same subject in the for sale section. It wasn't until I saw your post (that got revived by someone else) come up that I decided to sell. I paid over $95 (plus $20 shipping) for 2 seeds that were imported from Sfax, Tunisia (North Africa) by Sellami that I won on a FB auction. I was not intending on selling it but since a few people were still looking for this specimen I didn't feel right keeping more than 1 of them to myself and figured it would be the fair thing to do to sell one to another person in need. I understood the price was higher and was not worried if it didn't sell or if another seller stepped up with offerings at better prices since I was content on keeping it anyway.  I wanted it to be fair for everyone to get a chance to buy it since I only have one seedling to offer and I don't have the ability to get more anytime soon. I myself am very impatient and wouldn't want to wait for someone's tree to fruit before I could get this tree.  I am sorry to continue this thread further with my post, but I do not want any hard feelings as this a tight community of Plinia collectors and it all comes down to the love of the trees.  I am just some guy who has spent many thousands (my entire savings) on seedlings on ebay and elsewhere on just Plinias this last year and wanted to pay it forward a bit and not hog them all to myself.  Again I am sorry -cheers and keep on collecting. -Shiloh

Hey Shiloh, just wanted to say thank you for your response I really appreciate it, you did nothing to offend me in any way. To be totally honest I didn’t intend on my post being anything more than a faster way to get people on this site to see your eBay listing. I assumed you were trying to post in the for sale,trade section  and ended up posting in my year old WTB for some reason. It was just a misunderstanding I could have been more in-depth when I was mentioning your eBay listing but at that moment in time I was just too busy to type out a more detailed response. I didn’t expect random people to attach such negative emotions to my simple response. I wish you warm regards Shiloh.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 01:50:42 AM by Indra »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk