Author Topic: Red Hybrid Atemoya seeds  (Read 26888 times)

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
Re: Red Hybrid Atemoya seeds
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2015, 09:34:45 AM »
I get paid later today and I just could not pass this up! So I reserved purchase on some Atemoya seeds from an Isreali Ebay seller.
They were apparently grown in his orchard and I cant believe how beautiful it is! I really hope this seller is legit but to my untrained eye it all looks above board:)
This seriously looks like the Mera mera no mi fire devils fruit straight out of my favorite anime One piece he he!

Can anyone make a guess at this variety name or possible parentage?
I know atemoyas are quite variable but seedlings anywhere even close to this would be amazing:)
I love the green blush.

This is the sellers Ebay shop, his Marula looks much improved to wild types that im used to too!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/lsraseeds?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Luisport

• New in tropical fruit growing!
    • Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2015, 09:42:37 AM »
It's really impressive!  ::)

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2015, 10:16:48 AM »
I get paid later today and I just could not pass this up! So I reserved purchase on some Atemoya seeds from an Isreali Ebay seller.
They were apparently grown in his orchard and I cant believe how beautiful it is! I really hope this seller is legit but to my untrained eye it all looks above board:)
This seriously looks like the Mera mera no mi fire devils fruit straight out of my favorite anime One piece he he!

I know atemoyas are quite variable but seedlings anywhere even close to this would be amazing:)
I love the green blush.

This is the sellers Ebay shop, his Marula looks much improved to wild types that im used to too!
Ira is legit! One of the few on Scambay! An Avid collector of rare Annonas! Mine should fruit this year will see if its true.  Tree is very very drought resistant short compact & just have started to shoot leaves for spring.😃

« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 10:27:17 AM by Coconut »
The Biggest Fart in the Old West! 68 confirmed killed🔫💀

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2015, 10:51:21 AM »
That's 4718 a hybrid of San Pablo and geffner.

Mine fruited  last year, and died this winter...(probably too wet)...luckily I grafted a back up plant!  It's already out grown the one that died!

But honestly I don't think it will come true to seed....u need scions or a grafted tree.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 10:53:27 AM by ASaffron »
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2015, 10:56:38 AM »

I love the green blush.

Ira is legit! One of the few on Scambay! An Avid collector of rare Annonas! Mine should fruit this year will see if its true.  Tree is very very drought resistant short compact & just have started to shoot leaves for spring.😃

Awesome!!!
There are a few contenders but my vote goes to you for Annona king! I love that you just go for all the weird and wonderful, the champions and freaks of nature!
I would like to think of myself as the younger much less experienced version of you in that regard  ;D
Please keep use informed Jack:)
I would live to hear your take on the taste though honestly I would probably grow this for looks alone it is breath taking.
I noticed his tree too is nice and compact, possibly a good candidate for container growth:)
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2015, 11:03:03 AM »

Mine fruited  last year, and died this winter...(probably too wet)...luckily I grafted a back up plant!  It's already out grown the one that died!

But honestly I don't think it will come true to seed....u need scions or a grafted tree.
ASaffron you are definitely another contender for Annona royalty!
Was yours grafted from a 4718 plant?
How did the fruit taste?
I would love to see when it fruits!

Scions are not an option for me so will just have to see what I get :) there's at least some chance.of getting something ok and I prefer the odds in the genetic lottery than the national one no. Another reason to grow as many different varieties of seedlings as possible is I may just strike it lucky.
And it's fun too!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 11:06:32 AM by stuartdaly88 »
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2015, 12:36:25 PM »

I love the green blush.

Awesome!!!
There are a few contenders but my vote goes to you for Annona king! I love that you just go for all the weird and wonderful, the champions and freaks of nature!
I would like to think of myself as the younger much less experienced version of you in that regard  ;D
Please keep use informed Jack:)
I would live to hear your take on the taste though honestly I would probably grow this for looks alone it is breath taking.
I noticed his tree too is nice and compact, possibly a good candidate for container growth:)
mine is a seedling of a seedling of the original cross as Adam pointed out, but it is not the fruit that I was after!  This seedling of 4718 were found thriving in a Sahelian environment at a Kibbutz & my Jewish Bother-in-law brought it back.  So we dont know what generation from the original cross but it displaced outstanding drought, Brackist water & locust résistance suitable for me to cross into the Chewy line to get a generation of Sahelian bloodline suitable for Senegal & the Sahelian zone prone to salty well water.  I had the original 4718 in a desert Kibbutz by the conflict border & I didn't find it any exciting than it got red skin.  Personally a good Geffner I prefer over it.  I love this ???second generation seedlings from the seedling origin of 4718.  Field trials in Thailand were they grew Manioc chips for the European Poultry feed had depleted soil nutrients;desertification. ???What second generation seedlings from first seedling from original 4718 had shown resilience than most strains out there tested by our corporate Scientists spanning South East Asia excluding Australia.

By the way I am not interested in being King of anything. The Annona Taitung Mafias, those Taipans have several dozen of the World PHD Annonacea scientists working for them; those guys are King in my not so humble opinions.  I am only being asked  occasionally to be the visionary in the Multibillion Agricultural concern spanning South East Asia by my friends.  I am justify as a lowly beggar like you accept I am just luckily surrounded by Billionare friends I went to college with!  So please do not put this old fart on to high a pedestal or you might not enjoy the propane gas!😝 😄Most Scientists have no businesses sense or visions & that is why they work for us.  We have vision & better taste for the agricultural commodities business on a global scale.  Hell we make more money in the coconut, coffee trades than annona.  By creating a Monopoly in the region for only AAA grade premium status fruits for the well heels ( a growing population in Asia), can it allows us to fund research for the future into other; the truth is we make more money on real estate than growing fruits.  Just remembered this a 1,000 hectares just on any fruit clones are an expensive endeavour with Monsato as your gangster partner.  More & more we are developing stabilize seedling line as crop insurance were the US is more into mono culture & hope better chemistry will produce something to combat resistance to all the pathogen biological or engineer!

Populations get bigger & enroachment on our plantation, so we move, built luxerious houses on the existing fruit plantation make killing on real estate.  The biggest Ag powers for tropical fruits breeding & selection  in the the next two decades will come from low cost Myramar & Vietnam were you can truly develope low cost beside rising cost Brazil.😄

Remember this, the more common sense sand you have in your sand box over your PHD Educated competitors, you will sing well, your sand castle will look proper built and your fart will smell seeet too! That is it Stuart!  And yes Adam don't have a PHD in Education but common sense & the ignorance to always try new things lead to persistent success.👽  Poverty Hunger and Determination have and will always be the Hallmark of my PHD success & failure!🗽
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 12:39:53 PM by Coconut »
The Biggest Fart in the Old West! 68 confirmed killed🔫💀

JF

• North OC California Zone 10B/America Tropical 13A
    • 90631/97000
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2015, 02:16:01 PM »
The atemoya looks better than what they taste. In a few weeks I'll be able to give you an assessment of the fruit but reports from malaga are not very promising

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2015, 11:43:58 PM »
http://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=10756.msg161829#msg161829

How did the fruit taste?

Scions are not an option for me so will just have to see what I get :) there's at least some chance.of getting something ok and I prefer the odds in the genetic lottery than the national one no. Another reason to grow as many different varieties of seedlings as possible is I may just strike it lucky.
And it's fun too!
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2015, 07:58:14 AM »

How did the fruit taste?

And it's fun too!
Ok first of the seeds looks to be coming up(Yay I almost giggled like a little girl with glee when I noticed this!!)
Iv never seen an Annona seedling with a red initial stem
 I'm hoping this means that variable or not this fruit will have a high liklihood of red skin like it's beautiful parents right?
This was my reasoning anyway really good day today.
Btw don't worry about bursting my bubble if my reasoning is wrong I will appreciate the knowledge of more seasoned Annona growers and nothing could damper my spirits after being lifted this high, winter germination of a much anticipated seed is like warm sun in this cold winter I'm experiencing  ;D

« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 08:01:22 AM by stuartdaly88 »
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

kh0110

• USA, Cerritos, CA 90703, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2015, 03:19:58 PM »
Some will start with a red stem and others with a normal yellow/green stem, but they all will have normal green stems as they grow. You might want to start to label the red stem ones now so as to see what kind of fruits both types will give in 3-4 years.
Thera

Miguel.pt

• Portugal, Northwest, climate 9a/9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2015, 04:52:35 PM »
I have one of those too... gave me one first fruit last year

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2015, 06:53:12 PM »
I have one of those too... gave me one first fruit last year

Very pretty fruit looks orange yellow with a red blush:)
How was the taste?
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Guanabanus

• SE Palm Beach County, East of I-95, Elevation 18'
    • USA, Florida, Boynton Beach, 33435, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2015, 09:44:56 PM »
Yes, tag with info about germination color.  It is a useful indication.
Har

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2015, 04:39:48 AM »
Ok thanks I will make a note of the colour :) I wonder if the siblings will be the same.
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Bob407

• Isla de Bieke, PR 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2015, 12:33:04 PM »
Stuart, my 47-18's are coming up also along with many other annona seeds so I have plenty of new stems to compare. They are the darkest out of all my annona seedlings even the Sartenejas which are sprouting alongside them. I still have a few more 47-18's that may come up. I am curious what the differences in the leaf shapes will be like, if any.
Life is good

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2015, 03:59:57 PM »
Stuart, my 47-18's are coming up also along with many other annona seeds so I have plenty of new stems to compare. They are the darkest out of all my annona seedlings even the Sartenejas which are sprouting alongside them. I still have a few more 47-18's that may come up. I am curious what the differences in the leaf shapes will be like, if any.
Awesome Bob would love it if you could keepers posted:)
Interesting they have been darker than Sartenejas which I see have very dark red/purple skin. The colour of my sprouts stem is a dark pink and the container is seethru so I can see a root/underground stem is closer to red.
Very interested to see how this one grows:)
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Bob407

• Isla de Bieke, PR 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2015, 09:13:45 PM »
We must be on the same wave length, pots are a rare find on the island so I have to utilize clear 2 litre soda bottles. They aren't established enough to see the root systems yet but I will be sure to pay attention. It is also interesting to see that the Boca Chewy, Taiwan Purple and other squamosa seedlings also have a darker stem than my Sartenaja seedlings.
Life is good

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2015, 01:07:21 AM »
We must be on the same wave length, pots are a rare find on the island so I have to utilize clear 2 litre soda bottles. They aren't established enough to see the root systems yet but I will be sure to pay attention. It is also interesting to see that the Boca Chewy, Taiwan Purple and other squamosa seedlings also have a darker stem than my Sartenaja seedlings.
Ha ha yeah pots are expensive and bottles and cups are nice and deep rather than wide like many pots so space effective:) the roots system is also immature on my seedlings this one just happened to come near the side abit so I could see it
Dang I didn't take note of boca chewy germination colour:( I have some more that I just planted awhile ago I will be sure to check when they sprout!
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk