Author Topic: Add : S. Burahol (kepel), Pometia Pinnata (matoa), Salak Gula Pasir  (Read 45524 times)

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
Re: WANTED SEABHUCKTHORN seed. Want to buy!!
« Reply #100 on: April 26, 2016, 01:44:49 AM »
I have a few.
PM me if you want it.

You are fruiting this on Madeira??!! At what elevation? I was going to say that Fajar probably needs to be at minimum 1500 meters to have a chance in Indonesia.

Grapebush

• Portugal, Madeira Island, Funchal, 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 26, 2016, 11:51:58 AM »
I have a few.
PM me if you want it.

You are fruiting this on Madeira??!! At what elevation? I was going to say that Fajar probably needs to be at minimum 1500 meters to have a chance in Indonesia.

I'm not fruiting it yet! Actually I only have some really small seedlings, and I have no idea if it will ever produce anything...
I have seeds because I bought 100g of dried fruit, and I still have a lot of them.
The seeds are some of the easiest ones I've ever tried to germinate.
Life is all about learning, but sometimes, the more you learn, the less you seem to know...

polux

• Slovakia, Nitra, 6a
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2016, 03:42:41 PM »
Hi,

I have seeds from the variety ,Krasavice, it is big fruit variety with slightly red fruits. They have a lot of C vitamine and also rutine which is specific for this variety. But remember that sea buckthorn is dioecious plant, so for fruit forming you need also male plant. Seeds are from 2015 harvest stored in frigde. If you have interest, send PM please.

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 26, 2016, 04:02:00 PM »
I have a few.
PM me if you want it.

I'm not fruiting it yet! Actually I only have some really small seedlings, and I have no idea if it will ever produce anything...
I have seeds because I bought 100g of dried fruit, and I still have a lot of them.
The seeds are some of the easiest ones I've ever tried to germinate.

Well, that makes more sense:) I'm very doubtful you will fruit this in Madeira. It's really a temperate plant. In fact you can even call it Arctic being able to withstand - 40 degrees (-40 C = -40 F ).  I might have been too generous about elevation to fruit this in tropics. More realistically in tropics 2500 meters elevation and above is needed. But who lives on top of the volcano ?! :)

Luisport

• New in tropical fruit growing!
    • Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 26, 2016, 04:39:50 PM »
My trees are fruiting already... I don't see any problem for it to fruit in Madeira Island. ;D

fajar kusworo adi

• Indonesia, East Java, Pacitan.
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2016, 02:05:35 AM »
what this fruit can still bear fruit in the winter? My friend said that this plant fruitful in august-septermber on summer.
My friends luis, can you upload photos of your plants fruitfull?
how much elevation in you place?

thank you

Luisport

• Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2016, 05:26:43 AM »
what this fruit can still bear fruit in the winter? My friend said that this plant fruitful in august-septermber on summer.

thank you
Hi! My elevation is 250m more or less and 30Km from coast. I get two adult trees a male and one female and will get two more female trees. This is the first year and they were on flower two weeks ago. Now i already see very small fruits. I don't get why you think it's difficult for it to fruitify...  ;)

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2016, 01:46:53 PM »

thank you

Luis elevation doesn't really matter. His climate is mediterranian regardless. He can fruit it. Indonesia or Madeira are significantly more tropical, that's when elevation comes to play to bring "cool" factor.  Anyway, no one tried this plant it seems that deep in tropics or subtropics. Based on what I know, i don't think it will fruit, but maybe I'm wrong. Let us know how it went.

Luisport

• Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 27, 2016, 02:35:22 PM »

thank you

Luis elevation doesn't really matter. His climate is mediterranian regardless. He can fruit it. Indonesia or Madeira are significantly more tropical, that's when elevation comes to play to bring "cool" factor.  Anyway, no one tried this plant it seems that deep in tropics or subtropics. Based on what I know, i don't think it will fruit, but maybe I'm wrong. Let us know how it went.
It's a very beautifull tree... the leaves can be eaten raw in salads or tea...  ;)

Grapebush

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2016, 06:21:39 PM »
Hi Fajar. My seeds arrived sound and safe!
Great package. It was a pleasure to do business with you, and will surely do again.
Thank you very much.

Nélio.
Life is all about learning, but sometimes, the more you learn, the less you seem to know...

fajar kusworo adi

• View Profile
    • www.facebook.com
« Reply #110 on: May 01, 2016, 07:16:09 PM »

thank you
Hi! My elevation is 250m more or less and 30Km from coast. I get two adult trees a male and one female and will get two more female trees. This is the first year and they were on flower two weeks ago. Now i already see very small fruits. I don't get why you think it's difficult for it to fruitify...  ;)

Okay Luis, I think it will grow in my place. all the plants will grow in tropical climates. like that? ha ha ha
My place is very hot and calcareous soil, 15 km from the coast. but I will be looking for a high and airy. luis do you treat plants specifically? do you plant in the greenhouse?

Luisport

• Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2016, 01:04:08 PM »

thank you

Okay Luis, I think it will grow in my place. all the plants will grow in tropical climates. like that? ha ha ha
My place is very hot and calcareous soil, 15 km from the coast. but I will be looking for a high and airy. luis do you treat plants specifically? do you plant in the greenhouse?
Hi! No i have them planted on the ground with no protection... all my eleagnus species are on the ground even so-shang...

LivingParadise

• Florida Keys, Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 05, 2016, 09:23:55 PM »

thank you

I got seeds off of Amazon.com. They are still in my refrigerator now to simulate winter for germination, so I can't say how they will do here yet. Sorry, the seller doesn't seem to have any more (I bought them a few months ago), but perhaps some here could find a seller there who has a current supply and would ship internationally. Many Amazon seed sellers are already in Asia or Europe, so that should be possible. I was hoping to grow the plants indoors where I can control the temperature, simulating winter by placing the plant in the fridge/freezer when it's small, and simulating with ice cubes when it's larger. I don't know how well the experiment would work, but the climate here seems too hot and humid for the plant to do well and fruit outside, and I have successfully gotten some other plants to fruit indoors, so I thought Sea Buckthorn was worth trying. I have other plants that require minimal chill hours that I am experimenting with ice cubes while they are planted in ground, but Sea Buckthorn is suited to a much colder climate than any of those varieties so I did not think it was a great idea to put them in the ground unless I am lucky enough to get many seeds to germinate so I can try various things. Even being able to eat the leaves is still valuable, even if I have trouble getting fruit. We will see!

fajar kusworo adi

• View Profile
    • www.facebook.com
« Reply #113 on: May 06, 2016, 07:54:50 PM »
Great package. It was a pleasure to do business with you, and will surely do again.
Thank you very much.

Nélio.

glad to hear it, friend. the package has arrived safely. Hopefully can germinate.
cherss

Grapebush

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 07, 2016, 08:48:34 AM »
Thank you very much.

Nélio.

glad to hear it, friend. the package has arrived safely. Hopefully can germinate.
cherss

You're welcome my friend.

fajar kusworo adi

• View Profile
    • www.facebook.com
« Reply #115 on: May 12, 2016, 10:00:59 AM »

thank you

I got seeds off of Amazon.com. They are still in my refrigerator now to simulate winter for germination, so I can't say how they will do here yet. Sorry, the seller doesn't seem to have any more (I bought them a few months ago), but perhaps some here could find a seller there who has a current supply and would ship internationally. Many Amazon seed sellers are already in Asia or Europe, so that should be possible. I was hoping to grow the plants indoors where I can control the temperature, simulating winter by placing the plant in the fridge/freezer when it's small, and simulating with ice cubes when it's larger. I don't know how well the experiment would work, but the climate here seems too hot and humid for the plant to do well and fruit outside, and I have successfully gotten some other plants to fruit indoors, so I thought Sea Buckthorn was worth trying. I have other plants that require minimal chill hours that I am experimenting with ice cubes while they are planted in ground, but Sea Buckthorn is suited to a much colder climate than any of those varieties so I did not think it was a great idea to put them in the ground unless I am lucky enough to get many seeds to germinate so I can try various things. Even being able to eat the leaves is still valuable, even if I have trouble getting fruit. We will see!

yes i think so too. My place very hot near beach. but seabhukthorn worth to try. will be very lucky if fruitful. many people want as a drug in here.

fajar kusworo adi

• View Profile
    • www.facebook.com
Ready : Sizygium Samarangense, Tamarindus indica,& Chrysophillum Cainito

fajar kusworo adi

• View Profile
    • www.facebook.com
Re: Ready : Wax Jambu (syzygium samarangense) & Salak Gula Pasir
« Reply #117 on: June 10, 2016, 09:13:52 PM »
New Season of salak gula pasir

fajar kusworo adi

• View Profile
    • www.facebook.com
Re: Kelapa KOPYOR, It is Better Than MACAPUNO.
« Reply #118 on: June 18, 2016, 09:39:43 AM »
Ready : Kelapa Kopyor.
Kopyor is a genetic disorder in coconuts

merce3

• west central fl, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 19, 2016, 12:35:03 PM »

Do you have anymore information on this? anything special that needs to be done to sprout?

ajeshcool47

• India,Kerala,Ernakulam,Tropical
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/ajeshthoppil.tr
« Reply #120 on: June 20, 2016, 12:21:56 AM »
Fajar , let me ask a doubt , this salak gula pasir has male and female flowers in a single plant..? one plant can give fruit..?

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2016, 09:29:18 PM »

What makes you think it is better than Macapuno?

kh0110

• USA, Cerritos, CA 90703, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 21, 2016, 09:46:26 PM »
I always thought they were just local synonyms of the same thing. Macapuno in the Philippines and Kopyor in Indonesia.
Thera

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 22, 2016, 11:49:19 PM »
I always thought they were just local synonyms of the same thing. Macapuno in the Philippines and Kopyor in Indonesia.

In Vietnam just 25 mile into the Delta are plantation of Sap coconut, In Malaysia the same thing, in Thailand on a large Island and Myramar the same thing as in Indonesia but label something else to hide its shady past. All the Macapuno pan SouthEast Asia grown by the Taitung Annona Mafias tasted exactly the same to me and grown from local selective stocks which trace their mysterious shady origin back to those group of Islands that The Chinese is trying to seize currently with their build up Navy (its not Formosa).   All the Chinese has to do is line up 1.3 billions plus of their citizens in Hainan and pissed into the South China Sea and you will see million of Macupuno coconut floating over to China now that the Phillipines Islands are drown; I am sure the Chinese will call it something like this: Buddha Belly Coconut it taste better than Macupuno!😆 All the Pinoys are drown so who to say the Kampuchean Pol Pot Coconut is any better? Nuts!!😡🏝

A Friend from the Philipine Coconut Authority told me before World War I, many Laguna mutated nuts were pirate out of country across the South China Seas to exploite a Pinoy national treasure!👑💍  I am growing the Original Laguna Coconut Mutation aka first Grandpa Pinoy or Adam tree. Every other embryo rescue trees later the plant snobs call it true macupuno!  So if you selling this mutation coconut what is it?  Nuts from embryo rescue tree several generation removed or the Adam tree? 
The Biggest Fart in the Old West! 68 confirmed killed🔫💀

fajar kusworo adi

• View Profile
    • www.facebook.com
« Reply #124 on: June 23, 2016, 10:41:14 PM »

Do you have anymore information on this? anything special that needs to be done to sprout?

Kopyor coconut is coconut growth is not normal, From abnormalities that produce a soft textured palm
Coconut kopyor in generative and can be propagated vegetatively, like a normal ordinary coconut. Generative (naturally), coconut kopyor can be obtained through normal replanting palm fruit is used as the seed of a palm tree that bears fruit kopyor. In this way as it has been commonly practiced by farming communities over the years.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk