Author Topic: Cola, Trichoscypha, Annonidium seeds for sale Ex Cameroon  (Read 33891 times)

Isolona

• View Profile
Cola, Trichoscypha, Annonidium seeds for sale Ex Cameroon
« on: July 17, 2012, 12:05:50 PM »
Hi Guys

I am new to this....so sorry for any errors.  A small startup company in Cameroon named Forest House is trying to start a seed selling business.  More information can be found on the following image for Forest House.

Currently all enquiries or orders can come directly to me on foresthousecam@gmail.com due to knowledge of various countries import requirements, packaging and various payment options including Paypal.

They are friends of mine, they are honest and reliable. They have the following seeds in stock. 

If anybody is interested then please email me on foresthousecam@gmail.com, minimum order is $50 plus postage whether EMS Express or Airmail. Prices are based on small quantities, however discounts do apply for larger orders.

I have purchased various Monodora seeds from them before in the past and everything has been above board and honest, and I have had no problems. They are aware of the USDA & other countries requirements regarding permits, no soil, no insects and no pulp.  The seeds I received were fresh and I had an 80% germination rate.

It is the responsibility of the purchaser to be aware of their country regulations on the importation of seeds and to advice Forest House help them in meeting such regulations. Seized or destroyed seeds will not be refunded due to various countries Customs regulations. Forest House will always ensure that all seeds are well packaged, fresh, free from soil, pulp and insects. Forest House shall comply with requirement in home country, Cameroon, by ensuring that the seeds are inspected by a state phytosanitary inspector prior to mailing them. We are willing to address the specific needs of any purchaser even though this might attract a small fee. Please do not hesitate to email me if you have any doubts

Thanks for your time

« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 03:21:57 AM by Isolona »

Isolona

• View Profile
Re: Cola, Trichoscypha, Annonidium seeds for sale Ex Cameroon
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 11:12:31 PM »
Please also note Duguetia staudeti is also available when in season, more pics to follow as I receive them.

Allanblackia stuhlmanni (similar to Allanblackia parviflora)

Omphalocarpum procerum

Cola cauliflora

Trichoscypha acuminata

Cola lepidota

Isolona

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 04:23:38 AM »
Further Pics

Cola sp (extremelly hard to locate) price is TBA based on numbers....please email for quote and availability.

Lavigera macrocarpa (Bush Carrot)

Landolphia

Cola semecarpophylla

ID to be determined, possibly Cola flaviflora or Cola cauliflora

Isolona

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 05:25:29 AM »

Monodora brevipes (Monodora dunal)

Monodora brevipes (Monodora dunal)

Soren

• Zone 12, Uganda
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 12:01:54 PM »
Can't say it doesn't sound interesting - there is a lot of very rare and sought after species on the list - but please introduce yourself a bit better than the 4 posts above.! Do you know any of the other members on this forum (or possibly the yahoo forum), or have you mailed seeds to any member before - and does the Cameroonian company have a website or likewise?
Thanks,
Søren
Kampala, Uganda

Isolona

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 12:46:50 PM »
Hi Soren

Thank you for your reply and interest.  I really do not know what else I could have said to introduce myself I think its pretty straight forward enough, but sorry.

The company is a cooperative with other African countries including Tanzania, Uganda, Gabon, Kenya & Zimbabwe and works with poor farming communities to introduce analogue farming and sustainability, includes workshops, training and to encourage ways for villages and farmers to be self sufficient and generate income.

No, I do not know anybody from this forum and no I do not know anybody from a Yahoo forum.

Seeds have been sent to numerous people in the past, but nobody from this forum.  Unfortunately much habitate loss has been occuring and thus many species are becoming extremelly vulnerable. Thus trees of these species have been propergated and depending on the season seeds will become available to help increase income for those who need it most. It also gives the wider international community the opportunity to grow some of these species, on the off chance they are no longer around in 10-20 years time.

Are you interested in any species inparticular Soren? Wouldn't you have a few of these species yourself as the range is quite large on some of these species. Particularly the Monodoras & Xylopias.

I will check on a website for you, but as you know most companies in Africa do not have the funds for websites, and or internet access.

Isolona

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 03:55:50 AM »
Hiya Soren

Amendments have been made please see above information re the company.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Cheers

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 04:04:13 AM »
The page about Forest House is unreadable. Can you please repost it with larger size? Also i don't see any link between Forest House and CENDEP on their website?
Oscar

Isolona

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 04:20:04 AM »
Hi Oscar

Sorry this is my 3 time to get the size right...see if you can read it now?

Forest House is a startup company thats a subsidiary of CENDEP,  most likely nothing has been added or amended on CENDEPs site.

However just to make sure everything is legit and people feel comfortable please send a quick email to CENDEPs contact email from their website and please post to say all is correct oncce you have a response.

Cheers

Troy

Soren

• Zone 12, Uganda
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 01:22:56 PM »
Hi Troy,
I know CENDEP very well from their work on Gnetum africanum and was corresponding with Mr. Eric Fondzenyuy last year; is he still the "Knowledge Management Officer"?
Cheers
Søren
Søren
Kampala, Uganda

Isolona

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 11:48:13 PM »
Hi Soren

Yes, this is correct....however just remember CENDEP isn't doing the seed sourcing venture, its subsidiary Forest House is.

Thanks Buddy

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 12:27:50 AM »
I am going to be doing a trial order of these seeds from Cameroon and will report back as soon as i get the package.
Oscar

jez251

• Miami, FL Zone 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 10:34:23 AM »
Those are some absolutely beautiful looking fruits. It would be a shame if they only stayed in Africa...

Good luck with them, Oscar.

Jaime

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2012, 07:56:10 PM »
I've been corresponding a lot with Troy lately and he seems an alright and above board chap. But will post again as soon as i get their first package. I'm hoping all goes well as this could turn out to be an excellent resource and a real water shed in accesing those hard to get african seeds.
Oscar

Guanabanus

• SE Palm Beach County, East of I-95, Elevation 18'
    • USA, Florida, Boynton Beach, 33435, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2012, 02:25:34 PM »
I am very interested in the six Annonaceae species listed.
Har

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2012, 03:23:05 PM »
Trust, slightly earned ?  ;D

Im interested in some seed 2.

Fool me once shame on u, fool me twice shame on me...especially if you fooled me for more than $100usd.

but a little trust can go a looooooong way.  ;)

I am going to be doing a trial order of these seeds from Cameroon and will report back as soon as i get the package.
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2012, 07:27:56 PM »
Trust, slightly earned ?  ;D

Im interested in some seed 2.

Fool me once shame on u, fool me twice shame on me...especially if you fooled me for more than $100usd.

but a little trust can go a looooooong way.  ;)

Well Adam it's a lot cheaper and safer than traveling all the way to Africa! This guy is obviously not a run of the mill heister, as he knows his plants. Only thing that makes me nervous is that he is an intermediary, not the one actually sending the product. But it's also not your typical situation: Cameroon. Keep your fingers crossed that all goes well. It would be awesome to have some of these species spread around.
Oscar

Isolona

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 11:07:33 AM »
Hi Guanabanus

The 6 Annonaceae species details at present is as below:

Annonidium manni        Currently a field trip underway
Monodora brevipes        Sporatic fruiting (sourcing fruit now)
Monodora myristica       "
Monodora crispata         "
Xylopia aethicopicta      Currently not in fruit
Duguetia staudtii          Currently a field trip underway.

There is a further couple of species which are endemic to Cameroon they include Duguetia barteri & Duguetia confine.

There are also a few species of Uvariopsis & Uvariastrum, as well as Isolona.

Anything new that comes in will be notified.

Isolona

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2012, 11:22:38 AM »
Hi Guys

Just a quick comment on the trust situation, I have had about 3 to 4  parcel sent EMS from Cameroon and all arrived perfectly, and the seed were all fresh and germinated perfectly. I agree there are some countries in Africa that I would avoid purchasing from but Cameroon, inparticularly Forest House, Tanzania and a few others are perfectly ok.

Oscar has put some trust in, and 100% it will pay off.  DHL or EMS Express is available from Cameroon.

Anybody who purchases and has a dodgey experience then please post your out comes on here, besides the minimum is $50, whats $50 or even $100 worth these days really.

Isolona

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2012, 05:18:19 AM »
Diospyros sp (Cauliflorous) possibly Diospyros manni (undetermined)

Price as above.

Isolona

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2012, 05:37:51 AM »
Oncoba sp locality Mt Cameroon. Relatively new species (yet to be described) Cauliflorous

Prices as above.

Soren

• Zone 12, Uganda
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2012, 12:09:56 PM »
Thanks for the update; did the collectors give a description of the taste?
Søren
Kampala, Uganda

Isolona

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2012, 12:27:45 PM »
Hey Soren

Actually good question. Apparently the cauliflorous Diospyros hadn't been seen before by the collector, but I wll check for you and see if he tasted it.

Oncoba sp, not much is known on this species, other than its cauliflorous. I know that some Oncoba species pulp is edible, not sure on this one, but will check for you also.

Soren

• Zone 12, Uganda
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2012, 01:45:42 PM »
Hey Soren

Actually good question. Apparently the cauliflorous Diospyros hadn't been seen before by the collector, but I wll check for you and see if he tasted it.

Oncoba sp, not much is known on this species, other than its cauliflorous. I know that some Oncoba species pulp is edible, not sure on this one, but will check for you also.

Some Oncoba spp are, but many considered bland I believe. But very interesting looking fruits!
Søren
Kampala, Uganda

Gouralata

• fruit trees for warm and wet tropical climate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2012, 01:54:55 PM »
Hi,
the diospyros look like Diospyros kamerunensis (bong-afoum).