Author Topic: Mango tree leaf problems  (Read 1598 times)

alangr088

• Los Angeles, Zone 10B Sunset 22
    • View Profile
Mango tree leaf problems
« on: February 21, 2017, 10:12:05 PM »

Trying to figure out what is going on here. Is there little bugs eating the mango tree leaves....or is it like a sun burn?

puglvr1

• USA, Central, FL xxxxx, Zone 9b
    • View Profile
Re: Mango tree leaf problems
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 08:24:30 AM »

Not an expert on leaf issues but it does look like some type of insects chewing on some of leaves? Also the tips that appear to be brown could be some fertilizer leaf burn...is your mango tree in a pot on inground?

Maybe some of the experts here can diagnose it better...best of luck!!

alangr088

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 09:55:50 AM »
It is in the ground. I never see any bugs on it which makes me wonder what it could be...but I can only assume it is bugs eating the leaves. Maybe I will place my gopro on it and make a time lapse video to see if anything pops up. 

puglvr1

• USA, Central, FL xxxxx, Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 11:36:18 AM »

From the pictures you posted it looks pretty close to a wall...is that right next to a block wall fence? I'm guessing you are going to keep it very small. How many hours of direct sun does it receive?

alangr088

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 11:58:45 AM »
Yea it is about 2.5 feet from a stucco wall (neighbors garage). No expectations on how small to keep it or how big. It is against a wall facing the west....so it gets sun from when it comes up (7am?) to about 2 or 3 in the afternoon right now. So it gets about 7 hours of sun.