Author Topic: Looking for loquats in Central FL  (Read 2709 times)

Tropheus76

• East Orlando 9B
    • View Profile
Looking for loquats in Central FL
« on: November 12, 2017, 07:30:07 PM »
I am removing harder to keep trees that have faded and am replacing them with easy to keep trees like loquats. I have Big Ed and Gold Nugget and some tree that was here when I moved in. Wouldnt mind an arvi. I just havent seen many sources of named loquats, especially here in Central FL. Any ideas for seedlings and nurseries?

John Travis

• Winter Park FL 9b
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for loquats in Central FL
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 09:51:25 PM »
I just got a cutting of aviry and grafted it so I'm hopeful it will take. It came from Flying fox fruits. He has several other varieties but I don't think he advertises that he has them. You might just need to send him an email. (it may take him a while to respond, he is a one man operation and goes to above and beyond for people, and as you can imagine it takes time) Other than that you might ask around the central florida fruit society http://www.centralfloridafruitsociety.org/ they have a facebook page as well and meet monthly. You might find members who have other varieties. Best of luck in your search!
John

Tropheus76

• East Orlando 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 08:13:26 AM »
I was there a month or so ago and picked up the Big Ed. He didn't have any Arvi's available at the time and I would like to get these in the ground as soon as I can. Going to have a busy February and March so I am into the fire and forget thing right now.

Paraponera

• USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 11:39:39 AM »
I am removing harder to keep trees that have faded and am replacing them with easy to keep trees like loquats. I have Big Ed and Gold Nugget and some tree that was here when I moved in. Wouldnt mind an arvi. I just havent seen many sources of named loquats, especially here in Central FL. Any ideas for seedlings and nurseries?

Toptropicals has some, but they are further south...
"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better."

Albert Einstein