Author Topic: Lemon Zest And Lemon Meringue Mangoes  (Read 8134 times)

Future

• The Future
    • View Profile
Re: Lemon Zest And Lemon Meringue Mangoes
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2017, 07:57:00 PM »
This brought my attention back to expandable balls which will have better aeration, make plant removal and reuse easier.  I am trying a guava cutting in it now. I too noted lots of negative gel2 reviews on Amazon.

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2017, 09:13:35 PM »
I think it has bad reviews because it probably does not contain Artificial PGRs. It probably has something like Willow extract. Something as simple as a jiffy pellet would probably work even better but I love trying out new stuff.

Simon

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2017, 10:33:35 AM »
The Gel2root was successful at getting my polyembryonic Sweet Tart seed segments to sprout roots from segments that may not have otherwise sprouted roots. This segment of seed is what was left over after I removed one viable embryo/seedling by sprouting it initially with the paper towel method.

I didn’t think any more sprouts would pop from the seed because the seed was already prepped and incubated with my normal protocol and there were no more signs of growth so I stuck it into the gel. It’s been a couple weeks now and one of the larger remaining seed segments is finally pushing a very small root.

Simon