Author Topic: Nurseries which can provide Phyto certificates.  (Read 1733 times)

Chandramohan

• India, Kerala, Wynad
    • View Profile
Nurseries which can provide Phyto certificates.
« on: January 14, 2018, 03:23:07 AM »
A friend of mine wants to import grafted fruit saplings to India. He is looking for Nurseries in Florida and California who can provide Phyto certificates along with the Saplings. Any guidance/help would be very welcome. Thanks in advance.We are thinking of importing 20 grafts each of different Jaboticabas, Eugenias, Pouterias etc.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 10:56:30 PM by Chandramohan »

pineislander

• Bokeelia, FL
    • View Profile
Re: Nurseries which can provide Phyto certificates.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 08:31:44 AM »
They don't ship from Florida to every country and only mention phytosanitary certificate for State of California.
Write them for  details.
http://www.tropicalfruitnursery.com/nursery-content-pineisland-2-title-faq

You should contact Zills if mango is desired, they may be able to work through an import/export  broker.

This document can connect to the Florida State department which is tasked with promoting exports of agricultural  products.

http://www.freshfromflorida.com/content/download/60445/1264056/Webinar_AgExportsFeb2015.pdf.pdf

Chandramohan

• India, Kerala, Wynad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 10:21:20 PM »
Thanks, Do you have a email Id.

pineislander

• Bokeelia, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 11:13:26 PM »
Thanks, Do you have a email Id.
I have sent you a Personal Message.

Future

• The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 08:53:02 PM »
A friend of mine wants to import grafted fruit saplings to India. He is looking for Nurseries in Florida and California who can provide Phyto certificates along with the Saplings. Any guidance/help would be very welcome. Thanks in advance.

What volume approx does he have in mind?  Phyto for small quantities can be tricky.

Also note the phyto process is often not very rigorous.  That might seem like a benefit until plant inspectors look under the microscope and find living things.  Sometimes the naked eye is all that is needed..  Spending thousands to buy and ship plants to only be destroyed....is to be avoided.

Guanabanus

• SE Palm Beach County, East of I-95, Elevation 18'
    • USA, Florida, Boynton Beach, 33435, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 09:38:53 PM »
Nurseries don't provide "phyto's."  Only state inspectors can do that.  And yes, some of them are crooked LAZY!
Har

Chandramohan

• India, Kerala, Wynad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 10:54:01 PM »
I think the plant quarantine inspectors at the entry port in India can be influenced,as long as the plants are accompanied by a Phyto certificate. Only thing is the nurseries much undertake the trouble of getting the Phyto certificates.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk