Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Guava from taiwan

(1/4) > >>

sunny:
My friend gave me a guava from his new tree, that is from Taiwan.

It was best guave i ever had, very nice sweet with fresh sour. He grow it organic in special bags to protect from sun. It was not nice green but grey skin but taste was very good. Better then all the Thai guava's.

Have you tried these guava's? They are new he said.

arc310:
did you take a picture of it?

sunny:

--- Quote from: arc310 on February 18, 2018, 05:41:58 PM ---did you take a picture of it?

--- End quote ---

No my battery was empty, but it has white flesh baseball size.

I hope the Taiwan members can tell about the new guava's, they have more new varieties.

simon_grow:
Did it have seeds?

The sweetest best tasting green skinned crunchy guava I’ve ever eaten was what I believe is an Indonesian or Thai seedless guava.

Simon

sunny:

--- Quote from: simon_grow on February 18, 2018, 09:53:36 PM ---Did it have seeds?

The sweetest best tasting green skinned crunchy guava I’ve ever eaten was what I believe is an Indonesian or Thai seedless guava.

Simon

--- End quote ---

I ate indonesian guava but they were so tasteless...and thai seedless also taste bad, no flavour.

We have sweet one for eating crispy but from Taiwan is much better. I will ask my friend for clone his tree and replace mine.

His tree always has fruit but have to wait long time before it is ripe.

Thai guava always look very nice green but that is from spray chemicals. My friend grow in bags from white fabric but then the fruit get gray.

His guava has seeds but not much, he said Taiwan has more new variety so i will try to find it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version