Author Topic: Does anyone have their greenhouse and plants insured?  (Read 813 times)

Daintree

• Boise, Idaho - zone 6, with a zone 12 greenhouse...
    • View Profile
Does anyone have their greenhouse and plants insured?
« on: July 25, 2018, 10:27:29 PM »
So, we are updating our homeowners insurance "rider" tomorrow. Things like our musical instruments, china, etc. Does anyone have their PLANTS insured?  Maybe you can't do that. No idea.
I am just thinking, that if a huge tree falls on our greenhouse (which IS covered), what about all my plants inside?
Anyway, just wondering how other folks handle this...

Cheers!
Carolyn

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have their greenhouse and plants insured?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 12:19:16 AM »
I dont have my greenhouse and plants inside it covered but have been considering insurance on my grove. Havent asked what the cost would be.  My neigh or had his trees insured and got paid out big when a wildfire took them out.  His were just shade trees and olive trees.  Nothing special but they paid him around a grand per tree that got burnt.
Brad Spaugh

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
Re: Does anyone have their greenhouse and plants insured?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 07:01:31 AM »
Didn't know it, but noticed recently that my fire/hurricane policy covers damage to trees in yard. Not sure if that covers my whole orchard, but might have to find out, as SO2 gas from volcano is damaging my fruit trees.
For greenhouse coverage you might need to have that listed as additional structure?
You should talk to your insurance agent.
Oscar

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk