Temperate Fruit & Orchards > Temperate Fruit Buy, Sell, & Trade

For sale or trade: Asimina triloba, California grown

(1/3) > >>

nattyfroootz:
Hey everyone,

Got a whole grip of Asimina triloba seeds that are from a mix of fruits that are cultivated varieties and seedlings of cultivated varieties.  All the varieties are from the KSU breeding program, Susquehana, Sunflower, etc..

Fruit was grown in Santa Clara Valley, California and I can confirm it was all delicious fruit.  Grew out seeds from last year and had fantastic germination.

10$ for 20 seeds minimum, shipping not included.
Open to negotiation on larger quantities and very open to trades. 

Triphal:
Sorry to say that Pawpaw (Acimina triloba) is not a tropical fruit.

nattyfroootz:
Dang it, so used to being on this side of the forum that I completely forgot. Sorry about that mods, could you potentially move this into temperate for me?

KarenRei:
Hmm... wonder if pawpaws could be an outdoor plant here... how much summer heat do they need?  They're hardy to ~-25°C, aren't they?  We usually only get down to -15°C, so that's no problem; it's heat requirements that are usually the issue here.

If I could do them as an outdoor plant I'd be interested in any of the low-annonacin KSU cultivars (Sunflower, Wabash, Potomac, Zimmerman,
Wells, etc).  Not sure which would be the most suitable / tasty.  I think Sunflower was the lowest annonacin cultivar that they tested, followed closely by Wells, if I remember right.

KarenRei:
Hmm, guess this is a "no" for my climate:

https://www.sfgate.com/homeandgarden/goldengategardener/article/San-Francisco-climate-not-the-best-for-pawpaw-3178485.php

"To bear sweet fruit, pawpaw requires at least moderate summer heat. As with many fruits, this is calculated in heat units, the number of hours above a certain base - in the case of pawpaw, 50 degrees. Pawpaw needs 2,200 heat units while it is developing fruit. ... San Francisco ... is about 1,550 heat units."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version