Author Topic: Locating fruits  (Read 3579 times)

ReneeFLL

• USA, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33312, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Locating fruits
« on: October 26, 2012, 03:23:07 PM »
Does anyone know where I can find a red mulberry 'Fairchild' tree? I don't remember if Fairchild is everbearing or not,  but I would like a sweet everbearing mulberry tree. I read about the Fairchild and it sounded good.

Also, I am looking for a canistel tree that is not so dry.

murahilin

• Administrator
    • USA Greenacres, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Locating fruits
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 03:43:38 PM »
I don't know where you can get a 'Fairchild' red mulberry tree but if you are looking for a good everbearing mulberry, you should get the one from Excalibur. It's the best I've had so far. The berries are around an inch or larger which is large compared to the other everbearing mulbberies that I've seen. Patrick has one growing on the side of his house. Maybe he can comment as well.

If you would like a canistel to try that is not to dry, I think Ross sapote will be in season in the next few weeks and I am sure you will be able to sample one.

I am also moving this post to the buy sell trade section in a few once you get a chance to see this.

BENDERSGROVE

• BENDER'S TROPICAL GROVE
    • USA, Davie, FL 33331, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • BENDERSGROVE
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 03:48:25 PM »
We have everbearing mulberry and pakastani, in canistel we have : bruce,ross sapote,oro,trec 1,trec 2,and trompo. these are all in stock at the moment. Mike

ReneeFLL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 07:21:39 PM »
We have everbearing mulberry and pakastani, in canistel we have : bruce,ross sapote,oro,trec 1,trec 2,and trompo. these are all in stock at the moment. Mike

Thanks for the info Mike. I will keep them in mind.

ReneeFLL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 07:51:06 PM »
I don't know where you can get a 'Fairchild' red mulberry tree but if you are looking for a good everbearing mulberry, you should get the one from Excalibur. It's the best I've had so far. The berries are around an inch or larger which is large compared to the other everbearing mulbberies that I've seen. Patrick has one growing on the side of his house. Maybe he can comment as well.

If you would like a canistel to try that is not to dry, I think Ross sapote will be in season in the next few weeks and I am sure you will be able to sample one.

I am also moving this post to the buy sell trade section in a few once you get a chance to see this.

Sorry I put it in the wrong
I tried the one at Patrick's house. I don't remember if he told me the name of it.
I will have to try the Ross.

I am trying to get some info since I will now be able to go to the sale tomorrow.  :)

murahilin

• Administrator
    • USA Greenacres, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 10:31:43 PM »

Which everbearing mulberry do you have? If you don't have the large fruiting one yet let me know and I will bring you some cuttings one day.

BENDERSGROVE

• BENDER'S TROPICAL GROVE
    • USA, Davie, FL 33331, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • BENDERSGROVE
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 07:13:19 AM »
It's the generic ones pin sells,the fruit are pretty good though,definitely interested in a cutting when you can thanks Sheehan, Mike

CoPlantNut

• USA, Longmont, Colorado: Zone 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 12:54:47 PM »

Which everbearing mulberry do you have? If you don't have the large fruiting one yet let me know and I will bring you some cuttings one day.

Do you know of a cultivar name for the larger-fruiting mulberry you speak of?  Is it 'Issai'?

Thanks,

Kevin

LEOOEL

• USA, South Florida, Miami, Temperature Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 12:01:41 AM »
Zone 10b

I have Tigertail Mulberry and an Everbearing Mulberry. As the name implies, the Tigertail is long, about 2" (inches) long and I love it. I like the taste, the look and the heavy production. Produces fruit sometimes twice a year. I prefer the Tigertail over the Everbearing Mulberry (the latter is about 1 inch long or shorter). Nevertheless, I wish someone with a lot of plant knowledge, would develop a Giant Mulberry so that I could really chomp into it. Well we can always dream!
'Virtue' should be taught, learned and propagated, in order to save others and oneself.

mangomandan

• When a man is tired of mangos, he is tired of life
    • USA, Lake Worth, Florida, 33461, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 07:23:30 AM »
I didn't see anything about Tigertail mulberry when I googled it.   Did you find it at a nursery?

Have you tried propagating it to share with other mulberry fans?  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk