Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

White Jade Pineapple

(1/69) > >>

simon_grow:
I got my White Jade Pineapple plants from Flying Fox Fruits, Adams new nursery, yesterday and the plants came in perfect condition. The little plants look super healthy and none of them snapped during shipping. The roots are just starting to come out of their plug and I potted them into some organic potting soil.

Adam, if you are reading this, do you have any advice on how to acclimate these to the outdoors? I know you mentioned that these were tissue cultured so I'm wondering if they were grown under artificial light or in a greenhouse. It gets down to about 50F at night and about 80F in the daytime currently here in San Diego. Thanks again for the plants and the excellent service! I'll definitely be ordering more plants from Flying Fox Fruits!
Simon

Jsvand5:
I just threw mine pots outside in pretty much full sun. Seem fine so far. It's been about a week .

nullzero:
I have mine outside in a part shade area. About 4 hours of direct sun.

simon_grow:
I put one of mine in full sun, two in part sun and two in full shade but bright ambient light just to be safe. Anyone know what's the lowest temp this variety of pineapple can withstand? Thanks!
Simon

phantomcrab:

--- Quote ---Anyone know what's the lowest temp this variety of pineapple can withstand?
--- End quote ---
All my pineapples, including White Jade, experienced a 38o morning this winter without any problems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version