Author Topic: Bender's Tropical Grove  (Read 172924 times)

BENDERSGROVE

• BENDER'S TROPICAL GROVE
    • USA, Davie, FL 33331, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • BENDERSGROVE
Bender's Tropical Grove
« on: January 24, 2012, 08:22:50 AM »
 We are a small registered florida nursery specializing in all kinds of tropical fruit trees. We are located in the town of Davie Fl, we are open to the public every wednesday through  sunday from 10am to 6pm. Glad to be on this forum,Call us anytime with your needs or please visit our website at http://www.bendersgrove.com for a complete inventory selection and pricing
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 11:47:18 AM by BENDERSGROVE »

mangomandan

• When a man is tired of mangos, he is tired of life
    • USA, Lake Worth, Florida, 33461, 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Bender's Tropical Grove
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 09:33:43 AM »
I bought a couple beautiful low-chill peach trees from Bender's.   Weirdly, they are already in fruit, but it's been a strange year for my other deciduous fruit trees too.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 02:41:09 PM by mangomandan »

BENDERSGROVE

• View Profile
    • BENDERSGROVE
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 10:17:23 AM »
Glad the trees are doing well!  thanks Mike

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 12:00:28 PM »

When are you going to have Angie mango trees?  Zill is going to send all of theirs to Fairchild for now.  Thanks.
John

BENDERSGROVE

• View Profile
    • BENDERSGROVE
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 01:05:26 PM »
I hope to have some in late spring.

BENDERSGROVE

• View Profile
    • BENDERSGROVE
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 01:34:00 PM »
If you like I would be happy to give you some budwood if you would like to graft your own.

johnb51

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 08:57:00 AM »
Don't know how, but thanks for the offer.
John

BENDERSGROVE

• View Profile
    • BENDERSGROVE
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 09:36:46 AM »
Don't know how, but thanks for the offer.
Check bak with me in late spring,hopefully by then i will have some available. keep in touch

johnb51

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 08:05:59 AM »
Thank you so much!  Between you and Jeff Hagen, I should be able to score an Angie without having to go all the way down to Fairchild in July.  (And I'm not the only one looking for this cultivar.)
John

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 08:40:00 AM »
We are a small registered florida nursery specializing in all kinds of tropical fruit trees. We are located in the town of Davie Fl, we are open to the public every wednesday and sunday from 10am to 6pm. Glad to be on this forum,Call us anytime with your needs or please visit our website at http://www.bendersgrove.com for a complete inventory selection and pricing

You do have a grove too. I saw your mango trees. Some are up and commers. I think you'll have mangoes for sale this year or next. I bought muscadines from you.

Zands

BENDERSGROVE

• View Profile
    • BENDERSGROVE
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 10:08:32 AM »
We should have plenty of mangoes this summer, so far trees are flowering late,we will see,keep in touch,thanks Mike

Tropicdude

• Broward County, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 12:12:47 PM »
On YouTube, one of the channels I have subscribed to is "growyourgreens"  , Anyway, I was surprised to see his latest video, where he visits Bender's in Fla. here is the vid.

1 Acre Home Orchard in South Florida Yields Over a Thousand of Pounds of Tropical Fruit a Year
William
" The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.....The second best time, is now ! "

Tropicalgrower89

• Zone 11a, Florida
    • Pembroke Pines, FL, 33024, 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 12:21:45 AM »
Cool.  :)
Alexi

mangosinparadise

• Mangos In Paradise
  • Mangos In Paradise
    • View Profile
    • Mangos In Paradise
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 07:08:48 PM »
ENJOYED YOUR U TUBE POSTING.. My back yard resembles yours!

mangomandan

• When a man is tired of mangos, he is tired of life
    • USA, Lake Worth, Florida, 33461, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 11:36:14 AM »
Will you be selling some of those Edward mangos when they mature?   (the fruit)    :)

And how are the Angie trees coming along?

BENDERSGROVE

• View Profile
    • BENDERSGROVE
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 12:53:46 PM »
Hopefully if no more fruit drops we will have a few extras,it only held fruit on one side of the tree for some odd reason,will keep u posted,the few angie mango we grafted are not of good quality,again might have been poor rootstock,as soon as we get our crop and buds begin to swell i will post it for anyone who would like some budwood and they can graft their own.Keep in touch I will be more than happy to give you some budwood

lkailburn

• USA, Fort Collins, Co, Zone 4b/5a
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2012, 07:09:34 PM »
I watched that same John Kohler (growingyourgreens) youtube video!
Very cool

-Luke

zands

• mango_zango
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 01:28:25 AM »
On YouTube, one of the channels I have subscribed to is "growyourgreens"  , Anyway, I was surprised to see his latest video, where he visits Bender's in Fla. here is the vid.

1 Acre Home Orchard in South Florida Yields Over a Thousand of Pounds of Tropical Fruit a Year

great video just watched

BENDERSGROVE

• View Profile
    • BENDERSGROVE
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 01:21:31 PM »
Glad you guys enjoyed the video, John travels the country doing these videos,we were happy to host him and have gotten a phenomenal response from it, he has a fantastic following and it's cool to see what people do around the country,we all are definitely on the money when it comes to creating your own edible landscapes,it seems that this trend will continue for years to come and we will all be better for it! Again thank you all for your comments,this site is of great value to anyone who wants to grow their own food either as a hobby or pleasure,and the great part is we get to enjoy the "fruit of our labor" as the saying goes! We hope this summer to have an open house to invite all forum members to stop by and have a meet and greet! Maybe we will do it the week of the mango festival so some of the out of town members that are coming to the mango festival can come by and say hello! Again thanks to all,MIKE

zands

• mango_zango
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 03:20:16 PM »
Glad you guys enjoyed the video, John travels the country doing these videos,we were happy to host him and have gotten a phenomenal response from it, he has a fantastic following and it's cool to see what people do around the country,we all are definitely on the money when it comes to creating your own edible landscapes,it seems that this trend will continue for years to come and we will all be better for it! Again thank you all for your comments,this site is of great value to anyone who wants to grow their own food either as a hobby or pleasure,and the great part is we get to enjoy the "fruit of our labor" as the saying goes! We hope this summer to have an open house to invite all forum members to stop by and have a meet and greet! Maybe we will do it the week of the mango festival so some of the out of town members that are coming to the mango festival can come by and say hello! Again thanks to all,MIKE

Great idea Mike, to do it the weekend of the Fairchild Mango festival. Perhaps you open both Saturday and Sunday? I would definitely come over late Saturday. I was at Farichild two weeks ago, have no intention driving down there for their mango chaos. People actually race to grab the mango trees they want when the gate opens, like on a Black Friday. But if I can meetup with other forum members at your place that would be great. And not just forum members....... other backyard fruit tree growers, permaculture people. I am 12 miles north of you

BENDERSGROVE

• View Profile
    • BENDERSGROVE
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 06:56:37 PM »
I will see if I can set it up for that saturday afternoon,so we can sit around and tell some war stories,Lol, I just have to figure out a schedule,that way anyone going to the Mango festival in the morning will have time to get together in the afternoon,just would be nice to put some faces behind the members of this forum,I am kind of centerley located between Palm beach county and Dade so if enough people on the forum are interested we can definitely put something together. I figure it would be great for a good get together without the madness of the mango festival,I will keep everyone posted and see if it is a go!

crazyforfruit

• The Fruitarian
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2012, 04:30:34 PM »
I bought a fig tree from Bender's about 2 months ago, and boy am I happy! It's been fruiting like crazy!!
Still waiting for my nam doc mai to fruit, I can't wait :D

Charlie23

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2012, 10:30:46 PM »
you guys dont ship do you?

BENDERSGROVE

• View Profile
    • BENDERSGROVE
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2012, 07:36:03 AM »
No sorry we don't ship,Thanks Mike

Tomas

• USA, Virginia - 7a
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2012, 01:04:24 PM »
Hi,

I paid Bender's Grove a visit today. Mike is a really nice guy and he is full of helpful growing advise. And those tall paper bags are the neatest thing when you stove a tall plant into a car.

Tomas