Author Topic: Found at Chinese market. What is it?  (Read 7033 times)

DimplesLee

• frustrated permie
    • PHL&AUS
    • View Profile
Re: Found at Chinese market. What is it?
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2016, 05:43:52 PM »
Oscar is a bit of peroxide with the water going to help with mould and such? Used to keep the medium damp or is it too much of a risk for sensitive seeds? Is my poke tiny holes with a large gauge needle enough to "ventilate" a zip lock baggie or is it just going to dry it out faster? All baggies sit in a slightly open box of activated (filter) charcoal in the produce section in case of any spills from klutz me - any other way to prevent a soggy mess in case something else gets knocked over?
Diggin in dirt and shifting compost - gardeners crossfit regime :)

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
Re: Found at Chinese market. What is it?
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2016, 10:56:47 PM »
Oscar is a bit of peroxide with the water going to help with mould and such? Used to keep the medium damp or is it too much of a risk for sensitive seeds? Is my poke tiny holes with a large gauge needle enough to "ventilate" a zip lock baggie or is it just going to dry it out faster? All baggies sit in a slightly open box of activated (filter) charcoal in the produce section in case of any spills from klutz me - any other way to prevent a soggy mess in case something else gets knocked over?

I've never tried using peroxide in seeds i store in the fridge. My intuition is against doing that. But you can experiment with some and see if it helps and report back. I would say using a fork to poke the bags would be better. If there is enough medium they will not dry out. If seeds are in zip locks then spills are not going to matter. You can also use a produce bin, so that would also protect from spills.
Oscar

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk