Author Topic: Lulo de páramo (Solanum sp) only seedlings available in the US $15 per plant  (Read 1899 times)

cacn1987

• Colombian seed/plant seller in the US
    • New York City, NY
    • View Profile
These are the first and only seedlings available in the US of the amazing lulo de páramo from Colombia. Fruit is acid in the outer meat and sweet like a good melon in the inside. This lulo is like no other you have tasted before. You will have the chance to try to fruit this lulo for the first time in the US! $15 per plant + shipping! Payment via FB pay, Zelle or paypal. If you are really interested please send me a message with your zip code and # of seedlings you want.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 10:48:24 PM by cacn1987 »

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
Does this amazing Lulo never before grown in the US have spines?
Are you sure noone is selling seedlings from these seeds you were selling this Spring and Summer or different kind?
Do you offer other seeds/seedlings from Columbia sometimes?

cacn1987

• New York City, NY
    • View Profile
It has. Show me please who is selling seedlings if you know, as I doubt people who bought at most 10 seeds are selling them. The ones who took care of their plants have them in their collections. And the country is called COLOMBIA. Thank you.

Bush2Beach

• View Profile
Viva CO-LOM-BIA and the kogi caretakers.
Oooooh spiny, I see.

New_Jungle

• USA, Hi,Hilo, 12b
    • View Profile
Plants came in amazing condition! Awesome seller. Thanks again!

Kyle
The best time to plant a fruit tree was 20 years ago. The next best time to plant one is now.
Follow me on Instagram: newjunglehawaii

cacn1987

• New York City, NY
    • View Profile
Thank you Kyle for getting them. Wish you the best on the growing process of this amazing lulo from the mountains of Colombia, now living a fruitful life in Hawaii for the first time  ;D

elouicious

• Houston, Tx
    • View Profile
can this be combined with the passiflora?

TriangleJohn

• View Profile
Many years ago I grew this plant so you are not the first to offer it. I didn't sell the plants but I did trade seeds with forum members. I had visited Medellin, Colombia and loved eating this fruit, when my friends came to the states to visit they brought me some seeds. Lately I have switched to Cocona because it handles our high heat of summer better. I can buy Lulo pulp at my local grocery store here in North Carolina, the package will call it Naranjilla but the flavor is of Lulo.

cacn1987

• New York City, NY
    • View Profile
How I am supposed to know if that supposedly happened many years ago?. I assume you have a historical record with pics to make sure it is the same solanum, so please post pics. Naranjilla is simply just another name for lulo in some latin american countries.

Bush2Beach

• View Profile
What makes this seedling highly desireable, when it is thorny type, seems contradiction in terms.
How does the amount of meaty flesh or size of the fruit Or flavor outweigh the downside of the spines?
In general I think people would choose the not spiny plant if given the choice.

cacn1987

• New York City, NY
    • View Profile
What is your concern with my posts? If you are not interested in my plants mind your own business. It is up to people to chose what it is interesting to them, not your narrow ridiculous opinion. Get a life!

Bush2Beach

• View Profile
Its a forum. Opinions are expressed. I can ask questions of the product your selling. My opinion is not any more narrow or ridiculous than your never before grown outside of COLOMBIA Lulo.

cacn1987

• New York City, NY
    • View Profile
Finally you learned to differentiate Colombia and Columbia! Congratulations! What you are doing is not asking questions, you know very well what you are doing. Get a life a.....
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 06:16:11 PM by cacn1987 »

elouicious

• Houston, Tx
    • View Profile
In the interest of smoothing things out s/he describes the fruit below

Fruit is acid in the outer meat and sweet like a good melon in the inside. This lulo is like no other you have tasted before. You will have the chance to try to fruit this lulo for the first time in the US! I am also offering seedlings of the big commercial lulo (please see pic where I show two lulos on my hand for size comparison). Both types of lulo have spikes, so if you care about getting quality fruit, you will get it with these two types of lulo.

Lulo appears to be the term for Naranjilla in Colombia

Solanum quitoense, known as Naranjilla in Ecuador, Costa Rica, and Panama and as Lulo in Colombia, is a tropical perennial plant from northwestern Colombia. The specific name for this species of nightshade means "from Quito."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk