Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Funny Juicy Lucy mango

(1/1)

gnappi:
Almost every year my Julie seedling gives me an odd fruit. First there was the nose, now it's a big behind!  I have to spend more time looking at the fruits on this tree :-) Anyone else have funny fruit pix?

palmcity:
Yes.
However it was on Super Julie and it was the ice cream cone with the ball of ice cream falling off the side... So picture #1 only...

gnappi:

--- Quote from: palmcity on May 11, 2021, 08:54:20 PM ---Yes.
However it was on Super Julie and it was the ice cream cone with the ball of ice cream falling off the side... So picture #1 only...

--- End quote ---

I call them Snidely Whiplash and Kardashian girl :-)

fliptop:
That's hilarious! Do they ripen and taste normal? Perhaps these could generate as much interest as the Egg of the Sun mangos??

gnappi:

--- Quote from: fliptop on May 13, 2021, 03:40:56 PM ---That's hilarious! Do they ripen and taste normal? Perhaps these could generate as much interest as the Egg of the Sun mangos??

--- End quote ---

Normal? Like in as a Julie? As far as I remember when the owner of the genuine Julie gave me the seedling, these taste like hers did. But, I've heard Julies in Florida do not taste like those grown in Jamaica but I've never tasted a native Julie grown in Jamaica so I can't say. I grafted four from this tree, all are doing well and not one owner has complained about the fruit, nor have any of my dozens of neighbors who I have given them to.

Anyway, Coloration is green to purple to yellow/orange/shocking pink. They are on the small side and have the Julie nose, but this tree has never had an issue with anthracnose or any other fungus and my parent tree takes absolutely no special care in the way of spraying or watering and it gets fed three times or so a year.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version