Author Topic: Top Spondia seeds available  (Read 3442 times)

Raulglezruiz

• Puerto Vallarta,Mexico. Lat 21.5 Semi Tropical
    • View Profile
Top Spondia seeds available
« on: November 14, 2017, 06:46:25 PM »
This has to be the best Spondia type, first because comes in November /December when there's no much fruit available, then because is delicious the skin is orange/red of thin and crunchy type,  flesh orange but instead of been juicy and watery like regular Spondias, flesh is milky, creamy, with a flan, custard consistency, flavor is like a sweet mix of cheese cake, egg nog and flan dessert, absolutely delicious 😋, every body should try it, name is Jocote de Corona, 6 seeds is 19 usd including shipping, Asia or South Pacific add 2 usd, my paypal is raulglezruiz@gmail.com please specify what you are ordering and address in the PayPal message window and I'll comeback to you with tracking number

« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 11:29:56 AM by Raulglezruiz »
El verde es vida!

sytanta

• Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
    • View Profile
Re: Top Spondia seeds available
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 06:50:57 PM »
Raul very interesting!!

Do you have some sample images of the fruits? Is it "Spondias purpurea var Corona" ?

Raulglezruiz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 06:54:14 PM »
Raul very interesting!!

Do you have some sample images of the fruits? Is it "Spondias purpurea var Corona" ?
I'm trying to post them since I posted the topic but somehow I can't?
El verde es vida!

Raulglezruiz

• View Profile
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 08:04:47 PM by Raulglezruiz »
El verde es vida!

Raulglezruiz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 06:56:00 PM »
Maybe the forum isn't working, I'll try later...
El verde es vida!

sytanta

• Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 07:39:23 PM »
Raul no problem PM sent.

Raulglezruiz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 08:08:04 PM »
Don't know what's going on, I copy/paste the link from post image and shows up when I'm writing the message but when I push the button post, disappears, who wants to see the pics just put your mail here or write requesting them please raulglezruiz@gmail.com
El verde es vida!

Chandramohan

• India, Kerala, Wynad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 09:13:33 PM »
How many years to fruit from seed?

mfysal

• Doha Qatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 11:02:40 PM »
Hi Raul

Thanks for posting another exciting item.
PM sent.

Cheers
fysal

Raulglezruiz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 11:37:55 AM »
Forgot to say that this is a commercial variety here in Mexico with large plantations, when in season can be found all over the country and commanding high prices as those plastic glasses in the picture are sold at 30 pesos( 1.8 usd) and is just like 1/2 kilo, mango in season sells for 20 pesos, which is less than half shipper, but the flavor and consistency of this Spondias can't be found in any mango, just like "flan napolitano" , if any of you have tried one then you know what I mean, top notch fruit far away from regular Spondias...
El verde es vida!

barath

• Southern California, USDA Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2017, 11:58:24 AM »
Forgot to say that this is a commercial variety here in Mexico with large plantations, when in season can be found all over the country and commanding high prices as those plastic glasses in the picture are sold at 30 pesos( 1.8 usd) and is just like 1/2 kilo, mango in season sells for 20 pesos, which is less than half shipper, but the flavor and consistency of this Spondias can't be found in any mango, just like "flan napolitano" , if any of you have tried one then you know what I mean, top notch fruit far away from regular Spondias...

What sort of climate are the commercial orchards of this variety?  Are they high elevation / cooler locations than the tropical location you're at?

Dada

• Ecuador
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2017, 07:50:42 PM »
Raul please check your PMs

Raulglezruiz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2017, 11:46:33 PM »

What sort of climate are the commercial orchards of this variety?  Are they high elevation / cooler locations than the tropical location you're at?
It's growing at 1500 meters above sea level, however is a tropical place this is average climate
https://www.google.com.mx/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/mexico/cuernavaca/climate&ved=0ahUKEwj9hIGCpMLXAhVM6yYKHb5tDHcQFggoMAA&usg=AOvVaw0hvvnQrOQqbfZ4CgzzTNgQ
El verde es vida!

mfysal

• Doha Qatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2017, 11:59:19 PM »
Please see PM sent.

sunny

• Thailand
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2017, 06:22:34 AM »
PM sent

sunny

• Thailand
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2017, 06:53:21 AM »
Selection of planting material

In this species there seems to be no possibility of sexual propagation or seeds, because the stem cells of the micro-sporangium do not develop and therefore there is no pollen formation.

http://www.anacafe.org/glifos/index.php/Cultivo_de_jocote

Is this same fruit?? Is the translation good? How can they say there is no seed?

Raulglezruiz

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2017, 02:18:01 PM »

In this species there seems to be no possibility of sexual propagation or seeds, because the stem cells of the micro-sporangium do not develop and therefore there is no pollen formation.

Is this same fruit?? Is the translation good? How can they say there is no seed?
That web site is from Guatemala in Central America, I'm in the upper part of Mexico North America, we are almost 2,000 km away and there's lots of Spondias varieties with same name in different regions, here in Mexico this types can be propagated from seeds as says in this and many others  Mexican web sites,
Just use Google to translate the page,
as you can see in the picture is the same variety of my pictures above.
https://www.google.com.mx/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.picsincloud.com/index.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26view%3Darticle%26id%3D48:el-jocote%26catid%3D10%26Itemid%3D101&ved=0ahUKEwjPkJXaxcPXAhVDWCYKHbsAC5kQFgilATAY&usg=AOvVaw2AB51i-Cnuqd00TfnczT7L
El verde es vida!

sunny

• Thailand
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2017, 07:14:24 PM »

That web site is from Guatemala in Central America, I'm in the upper part of Mexico North America, we are almost 2,000 km away and there's lots of Spondias varieties with same name in different regions, here in Mexico this types can be propagated from seeds as says in this and many others  Mexican web sites,
Just use Google to translate the page,
as you can see in the picture is the same variety of my pictures above.
https://www.google.com.mx/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.picsincloud.com/index.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26view%3Darticle%26id%3D48:el-jocote%26catid%3D10%26Itemid%3D101&ved=0ahUKEwjPkJXaxcPXAhVDWCYKHbsAC5kQFgilATAY&usg=AOvVaw2AB51i-Cnuqd00TfnczT7L

I know there are many different varieties of this fruit, that's why i asked it.

So this fruit can be grown from seed, well that's all i wanted to know. So the translation from Google was wrong...no ploblem.

sunny

• Thailand
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2017, 07:36:02 PM »
Thanks for refunding my money, how dare i asking if it was the same fruit...so rude of me.

But is this the same fruit??
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The purple mombin, including its yellow form, is grown very easily and quickly by setting large cuttings upright in the ground. It is one of the trees most used to create "living fences". It grows very slowly from seed.

https://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/morton/purple_mombin.html