Author Topic: Overwintered Group Gone Bloom Crazy  (Read 1094 times)

Psyduck

• USA, TX, Plano, 8A
    • View Profile
Overwintered Group Gone Bloom Crazy
« on: February 24, 2018, 04:05:17 PM »
Hello, Am a new to the form and seeking advise, please, on my rag-tag bunch of citrus.  Live in N. TX area (8A).  Have range from 5' down to bonsai'd ciitrus:  Imp. Meyers lemons, a Eureka, Mexican lime, owari and seto satumas, and calamondins.  Two are in 5:1:1.  Five are in various stages of blooming; my favorite scent.  However.... am having breathing issues and can't wait to take them outside.  One, the owari, just started pushing out leaves.  Last of my precious Foliage Pro stock ran out this winter so started using very diluted generic citrus fertilizer (after watering) and spraying on Superthrive.  What might be the lowest temperature I could safely take these varieties outside without significant risk to the blooming/leafing process. Calamondins are post-bloom. Will I have to take them out in graduated steps?
Thank you very much

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
Re: Overwintered Group Gone Bloom Crazy
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 05:49:08 PM »
Meyer lemon, owari and seto satumas, and calamondins  are fairly cold hardy.  I would feel comfortable down to 32-F.  They are actually rated for hardiness several degrees lower than 32 but, but it could be risky as they have been house plants and have not developed any cold hardiness at at all..  Lemon and lime you will have to be more cautious when it comes to cold weather.  You  would have to bring them back into the house if the weather nears freezing. 

Psyduck

• USA, TX, Plano, 8A
    • View Profile
Re: Overwintered Group Gone Bloom Crazy
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 09:21:06 PM »
Thank you, Millet.  Am following your advise and moving the hardier ones out with one eye on the forecast.