Author Topic: Ensey Tropical Fruit Company  (Read 1687 times)

FloridaBoy

• South Florida
    • View Profile
Ensey Tropical Fruit Company
« on: July 17, 2019, 07:27:15 AM »
This season Ive gone through multiple farms; private and public.  I've tried imported mangoes from India and Pakistan.

The one group of people I was most pleased with are the Ensey family.  They're a good bunch of people and their genetic pool is insane.  Jeff and Angie sent me a large box of mangoes that had some of the longest shelf lifes ever.  The mangoes were so clean and you can tell they were grown with love.  I havent gone through everything yet but last night I ate a Tyler, a Tywin, and a Orange Delicious.  These people grow CANDY and their proprietary cultivars should be shouted out even thought they dont sell grafted trees. 

Central Floridave

• View Profile
Re: Ensey Tropical Fruit Company
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 07:56:37 AM »
i live 3 or 4 miles north of Ensey's.   I haven't stopped in there in a long time. Rode my bike by last week and they were open.

Glad to see they are still growing and selling mango.

FloridaBoy

• South Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 10:51:57 AM »
Had A Tyler and a Tywin last night and I looked insane as I ate the both of them lol! Today I ate one of the most beautiful mangoes Ive seen.  I heard this is a real old school legend; The Banana Mango.  The first thing my Fiancé said is "this doesnt taste like a banana but damn its delicious".  Ots full of fiber but who cares. I have to say that Ensey is definitely up there when it comes to quality and the selection that you just cant find anywhere else. 

FloridaBoy

• South Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 10:52:31 AM »

murahilin

• Administrator
    • USA Greenacres, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 01:36:04 PM »
Have you been to Tropical Acres Farms yet and tried some high-quality varieties?

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 01:36:21 PM »
hell ya!  tyler is my fav!!!!

tyler is special

This season Ive gone through multiple farms; private and public.  I've tried imported mangoes from India and Pakistan.

The one group of people I was most pleased with are the Ensey family.  They're a good bunch of people and their genetic pool is insane.  Jeff and Angie sent me a large box of mangoes that had some of the longest shelf lifes ever.  The mangoes were so clean and you can tell they were grown with love.  I havent gone through everything yet but last night I ate a Tyler, a Tywin, and a Orange Delicious.  These people grow CANDY and their proprietary cultivars should be shouted out even thought they dont sell grafted trees. 

www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

FloridaBoy

• South Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 02:26:29 PM »
Have you been to Tropical Acres Farms yet and tried some high-quality varieties?

Im actually heading there this weekend for the first time.  I just let him know how much I appreciate his resourceful website on another posting.  I know he has the goods. 

Ensey just has varieties that are proprietary to their family and I can really appreciate that.  Its special to me when I hear the stories of families who do this and have been doing it for years. Trust me I respect Tropical Acres.  They have some of the most special varieties that Ive been meaning to get my hands on.  I cant wait to go there this weekend and get yelled at for buying more mangoes. 

I just posted this because I was extremely pleased with an order I put in with Ensey and I thought other members should know. 

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2019, 05:03:01 PM »
Hmm.  Maybe someone should organize a Mango Addicts Tour of South Florida!
John

Central Floridave

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2019, 05:48:08 PM »
I want to relate a Merritt Island mango story here.  I was in Costa Rica last week and stayed with my good friend Mateo on his 33 acre fruit farm. It was a surfing/fruit/coffee/beer vacation for me, but I digress... I noticed a mango tree off from the guest house and it was large and full of purple big fruit.  He said he didn't know what variety it was but he got the seed from Merritt Island about ten years ago when he was visiting me.  I looked at it and went...that is OSTEEN... Its a seedling, don't know if it is mono/poly, but it is an Osteen seedling.  They weren't ripe yet but looked real close. I picked one and it didn't ripen the whole week I was there. Thus, the commercial attribute of long shelf life was confirmed.  I sent him a text if it ever did ripen and how was the taste, but he hasn't replied back yet.

FloridaBoy

• South Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2019, 06:22:54 PM »
Hmm.  Maybe someone should organize a Mango Addicts Tour of South Florida!
sounds like a plan to me

OCchris1

• Old Towne Orange, CA 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2019, 01:31:34 AM »
I love a good "Mom and Pop's" story. Kudos to the Ensey family! I wish them the best.
-Chris

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk