Author Topic: Hoop house  (Read 28344 times)

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
Re: Hoop house
« Reply #150 on: June 29, 2019, 01:36:11 PM »
 Awesome, hope it works well for you.  I am about to get mone up and running for summer so I can run it if the temps get crazy here.  Hasnt hardly broke 85 here much yet so havent had to use.  Been just opening up the hoop house and lwtting the wind blow through. Once its super hot and dry here it actually work better to close the HH and run the mist.  Works super good on those hot dry days.
Brad Spaugh

Mark in Texas

• Fredericksburg Texas, (central TX), zone 8a
    • View Profile
Re: Hoop house
« Reply #151 on: July 01, 2019, 09:45:43 AM »
Very nice Brian.

Awesome, hope it works well for you.  I am about to get mone up and running for summer so I can run it if the temps get crazy here.  Hasnt hardly broke 85 here much yet so havent had to use.  Been just opening up the hoop house and lwtting the wind blow through. Once its super hot and dry here it actually work better to close the HH and run the mist.  Works super good on those hot dry days.

I've been following your temps once in a while.  I find your highs of mid 70's just crazy (nice). 

My greenhouse hit 107F couple of days ago.  Amazing but everything looks fine.  I went thru 250 gals. of rainwater yesterday.

Stay cool and enjoy your 4th.  Here's our treat for the 4th, ice cold Gazpacho.  Everything home grown but the cukes - tomatoes, garlic, red onion, bell pepper, key lime.  Get your lycopene and vitamins, it's addicting stuff.