Author Topic: When to Pick This Himsagar Mango  (Read 1228 times)

Louie

• Santa Barbara, CA
    • View Profile
When to Pick This Himsagar Mango
« on: August 07, 2017, 01:59:44 PM »
Was hoping for some help on telling when to pick this Himsagar Mango.  It started really filling in recently and sap started leaking from the stem 2 days ago.  Seems like its not quite ready but I'm unsure as i don't have any experience with mangos that are supposed to be picked green and ripened on the counter.  Any help and advice is greatly appreciated.   

beefyboy

• united states, florida
    • View Profile
Re: When to Pick This Himsagar Mango
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 06:00:48 PM »
It is a firm mango that stays somewhat green if memory serves me correct. I only had one and it was a high end mango. I also had the tree but wound up selling it. I would press on it and if it gives with slight pressure it is ready. I do not recall a smell to that mango when ripe either but keep an eye on it for it could omit a subtle fragrance. Also the green should fade when ripening. Just keep an eye on it for any changes that may take place.

sapote

• USA, CA, Burbank, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 06:09:12 PM »
From the description it sounds like a high end mango. Interesting to know if it is as good growing in CA. It does look like Edward mango with lots of little dots and the fruit shape.

Louie

• Santa Barbara, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 07:18:36 PM »
Thanks for the replies, the color has begun to lighten to a lighter green, still feels firm and it doesn't have any smell yet, ill keep a close eye on it seems like its close to picking time.

sapote

• USA, CA, Burbank, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 02:56:57 PM »
Hi Louie, I sent a PM to you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk