Author Topic: Grewia asiatica (Phalsa or Sherbert Berry) small plants for sale  (Read 4903 times)

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
Right now I have about 16, small Grewia asiatica (Phalsa) plants...they're about 3-4 inch tall, but rooted well enough to ship.

Each plant cost $4...shipping cost $5  (I can send up to about 7 plants in small USPS flat rate box)

can ship anywhere in USA.

please email flyingfoxfruits@gmail.com to place orders.

thanks!
Adam

« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 04:54:18 PM by ASaffron »
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

Luisport

• New in tropical fruit growing!
    • Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
Re: Grewia asiatica (Phalsa or Sherbert Berry) small plants for sale
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 06:15:38 PM »
PM sent! ;D

Luisport

• Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 08:45:46 AM »
Just to say that the two plants arrive in good shape!  ;D Do you have any growing tips, i think they grow fast...  ;)

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 07:43:43 PM »
Just to say that the two plants arrive in good shape!  ;D Do you have any growing tips, i think they grow fast...  ;)

Luis,

i notice they grow slow for me!

don't over water them!

keep them in full sun, or part sun when small (but full sun is best once the plant is a bit larger)

it will defoliate when it gets cold, but its not easily killed by a freeze....it resprouts from the roots if it gets hurt badly by the cold.

good luck with the plants..i bet it will take at least 2yrs to fruit.
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

Luisport

• Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 05:58:41 AM »

Luis,

don't over water them!

keep them in full sun, or part sun when small (but full sun is best once the plant is a bit larger)

it will defoliate when it gets cold, but its not easily killed by a freeze....it resprouts from the roots if it gets hurt badly by the cold.

Thank you so much my friend! I keep them inside but i see it's better to keep them outside in my protected varanda...

gunnar429

• Nothing like fruit from your own yard!
    • West Park, FL 33023, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 09:40:21 AM »

Luis,

don't over water them!

Thank you so much my friend! I keep them inside but i see it's better to keep them outside in my protected varanda...

Time to move my plant into full sun.  Thanks, Adam.
~Jeff

"Say you just can't live that negative way, if you know what I mean. Make way for the positive day." - Positive Vibration

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 10:10:13 AM »
if you haven't tasted this fruit yet, I'd put it in the same class as Muntingia calabura (which I regard highly)...very tasty, and you have to eat at least a handful to get your fill.

it's a small, nutritious fruit, that you can snack on all day...

I really enjoy the 3 different phases at which you can eat the fruit...the astringency is pleasant when you eat them early...it feels like it cleans your teeth and gums!

sherbert berry is a good name for the fruit...it has a delicious tropical flavor I can't really describe...maybe like a slightly astringent apple/mangosteen flavor??

Luis,

don't over water them!

www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

gunnar429

• Nothing like fruit from your own yard!
    • West Park, FL 33023, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 10:13:01 AM »
if you haven't tasted this fruit yet, I'd put it in the same class as Muntingia calabura (which I regard highly)...very tasty, and you have to eat at least a handful to get your fill.

it's a small, nutritious fruit, that you can snack on all day...

I really enjoy the 3 different phases at which you can eat the fruit...the astringency is pleasant when you eat them early...it feels like it cleans your teeth and gums!

sherbert berry is a good name for the fruit...it has a delicious tropical flavor I can't really describe...maybe like a slightly astringent apple/mangosteen flavor??

Luis,

don't over water them!

Maybe time to get a few more of these
~Jeff

"Say you just can't live that negative way, if you know what I mean. Make way for the positive day." - Positive Vibration

barath

• Southern California, USDA Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2015, 12:02:53 PM »
Adam, do phalsa plants handle wet feet?  What other growing requirements do they have?  I've been trying to figure out what to give my phalsa to get it to stop dying back -- I can't tell if it dislikes the wind it's getting, or the wet feet from being in a bot in a saucer of water.  It dies back after growing a bit, and then starts growing again only to die back again.

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2015, 08:05:23 PM »
Adam, do phalsa plants handle wet feet?  What other growing requirements do they have?  I've been trying to figure out what to give my phalsa to get it to stop dying back -- I can't tell if it dislikes the wind it's getting, or the wet feet from being in a bot in a saucer of water.  It dies back after growing a bit, and then starts growing again only to die back again.

protect it from wind!  and don't give it wet feet!

that's two things I"m thinking they don't appreciate, especially if small plants!!
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

barath

• Southern California, USDA Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2015, 11:19:26 AM »
I guess that's two strikes against me :/

I'll give it a better draining location and better wind protection...

Dirt Diva

• Houston, Tx 9A
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel for the DivingTemptress
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2020, 12:08:56 AM »
Right now I have about 16, small Grewia asiatica (Phalsa) plants...they're about 3-4 inch tall, but rooted well enough to ship.
Each plant cost $4...shipping cost $5  (I can send up to about 7 plants in small USPS flat rate box)
can ship anywhere in USA.
please email flyingfoxfruits@gmail.com to place orders.
thanks!
Adam

Hi Adam,
I saw your video a few days ago with your Phalsa, and am hoping you have some seedlings you are selling now ... I realize this post is older, but am hoping. I have only found overseas seller and a small plant that seemed to be way overpriced. 

Also it appears that your tree/bush/plant is the smaller fruit that some say is superior to the larger fruit.

TIA   P J, the Dirt Diva
P J, the DivingTemptress and Dirt Diva