Author Topic: Mysore Raspberries  (Read 1507 times)

starch

• My brain is like oatmeal
    • Chandler, AZ. zone 9b
    • View Profile
Mysore Raspberries
« on: April 02, 2016, 01:38:38 PM »
Who is growing mysore raspberries? What do you think about them (positive and negative)?
- Mark

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
Re: Mysore Raspberries
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 05:04:55 PM »
Who is growing mysore raspberries? What do you think about them (positive and negative)?
I grew them for many years. Basically they are ok if you live in the tropics and can't get other raspberries to fruit otherwise. They are one of the few that will fruit without any cold weather. If you don't live in the tropics you can find many other raspberries that are much tastier.
Oscar

gunnar429

• Nothing like fruit from your own yard!
    • West Park, FL 33023, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 05:08:48 PM »
I grow them for reasons Oscar has already touched upon.  Not a big fan of the thorns, and the frst time I tried them (mango season/summer), I thought they were rather bland.  I decided I wouldn't grow them, but then I tasted them at Fruit & Spice Park in the winter, and they were fantastic!

Just when I thought I was out.... ;)
! No longer available
~Jeff

"Say you just can't live that negative way, if you know what I mean. Make way for the positive day." - Positive Vibration

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 05:11:23 PM »
The thorns are easy to deal with if the runners are trained on a wire or fence. This also makes the fruits a lot easier to pick fast, and keeps the plant from spreading out of control. Once a runner hits ground it roots and starts a new plant.
Oscar

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk