Author Topic: Where to buy local tropical fruit southeast florida  (Read 981 times)

Soleary

• Southeast Florida
    • View Profile
Where to buy local tropical fruit southeast florida
« on: April 13, 2018, 03:04:21 PM »
We are planning to relocate to southeast Florida bro ward county, Miami dade, palm beach county area for organic local tropical fruit but need to make sure we can actually find large quantities of it easily and all year round. I know in the summer it should be easy to find mangoes, but I need to eat all the other seasons too. Anyone know where I can find large amounts of local bananas, papayas, jackfruit, Mamey sapote, and other tropical fruits in that area year round?

cbss_daviefl

• USA, Southwest Ranches,FL 33331, 10B
    • View Profile
    • bfgtropicals.com
Re: Where to buy local tropical fruit southeast florida
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 04:11:12 PM »
Local and year round may not be easy. Tropical Acres/Squam256 in WPB will be a source of off-season mangos. Truly Tropicals might be another source of fruit outside peak season. Lots of road side fruit sellers on Krome Ave in Homestead but I have no idea how much of what they sell is local or imported. I have seen jackfruit and some other fruits at Robert Is Here in Feb/March.    Maybe papayas can be found year round. Buy a chest freezer, buy when fruit are in-season, and freeze and dehydrate a supply for when things are off-season.  Maybe it is easier than I think to find local fruit year round but I am ok not having fruit in the off-season so I don't bother searching it out.

I have 40 jackfruit trees in the ground (with only 20 producing trees so far) and will be selling fruit. My jackfruit crop is from June to October. My trees have not yet produce off-season fruit.
Brandon