Author Topic: Garcinia Prainiana (cherapu) first flowers  (Read 1139 times)

Kona fruit farm

• Aloha
    • Big Island; Hawaii. Kona 1700' Elev. Zone 12a
    • View Profile
Garcinia Prainiana (cherapu) first flowers
« on: April 15, 2018, 03:29:07 PM »
I’m stoked to see at least one of my four trees pushing new flowers. Can’t wait to see if they are male or female...   hopefully I don’t get all male trees.   Will also post updated photos once they bloom

I’ve got two trees about 4-5’ tall and two that are much smaller.  About 1’ tall
With 3 acres of prime real estate for growing tropicals... why not create my own garden of eden?? Work in progress

Kona fruit farm

• Aloha
    • Big Island; Hawaii. Kona 1700' Elev. Zone 12a
    • View Profile
Re: Garcinia Prainiana (cherapu) first flowers
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 03:30:09 PM »

With 3 acres of prime real estate for growing tropicals... why not create my own garden of eden?? Work in progress

dwfl

• Bokeelia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 05:37:33 PM »
Exciting! I have 3 approaching that size. Hoping for flowering next year. The rest of mine are about 1.5ft

Finca La Isla

• Costa Rica, Southern Caribbean coast
    • View Profile
    • finca la isla
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 06:10:38 PM »
That’s great!  Frequently the males will open flowers before the females.  Hopefully more trees will flower this time around.
Peter

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM »
I’m stoked to see at least one of my four trees pushing new flowers. Can’t wait to see if they are male or female...   hopefully I don’t get all male trees.   Will also post updated photos once they bloom

I’ve got two trees about 4-5’ tall and two that are much smaller.  About 1’ tall
Yes male flowers usually come out first. I wouldn't worry, with 4 trees you are almost certain to get female(s) as well. My female trees did not flower till following year after first appearance of male flowers.
Oscar