Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

EZ-Flow Fertilizer Injector System for your yard

(1/7) > >>

behlgarden:
Besides several tropical fruit trees, I have flowers and grow vegetables. Majority of my system is Drip, while I have sprinklers in some portion of my yard that is lawn.  On drips, biggest challenge is fertilizing, specially in Southern California where it does not rain much except winter time.

I just ordered 2.5 Gal EZ-Flow Fertilizer Injector System. My plan is to install this in my main line after the backflow preventor. and then fertilize my zones according to my needs. I have about 19 zones, and have Rachio automatic controllers where I can pretty much set however I like on my phone. Goal is to deliver fertilizer (liquid) directly via drips when I need and when I dont I can simply shutoff the unit.

Has anyone else used this or is using this? https://youtu.be/eEgnu712YGM

behlgarden:
Hmmm, looks like no one here!

CA Hockey:
Is this a fertigation system? Easy to install?

CA Hockey:
No, duh

I just saw the video

Fertigation it is. I’ll ask my landscape guy what system he has in mind

zands:
I know a guy who grew up in Israel and farmed there. So he has drip irrigation in his blood years before he came to Florida. Israelis being the pioneers in drip irrigation.

He bought some fruit trees and mangoes from me. He has land in upstate Florida in Frostproof (a town) with lychee and mamey and some others. I have eaten his lychees and even sold them to local lychee hounds. He uses zero mulch and the soil is as porous and sandy as most Florida soils. So zero or nearly zero organic matter is in the soil. He uses fertigation plus also uses fertilizer you spread on top. The fruit trees do well.

So you can go this way and others have called it a form of hydroponic gardening as a joke. But this is true. The soil is adding a minimum to his fruit trees nutrition. The soil is there to merely hold his fruit trees upright.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version