Citrus > Cold Hardy Citrus

Some rare variety hardy seedlings

(1/13) > >>

SoCal2warm:
These are some seedlings I'm growing:
Kaffir lime, Yuzu, Ichangquat, US 852, one of them is a Thomasville Citrangequat and one is an N1tri

These are a Ventura Lemandarin (back) and Dimicelli seedlings that Eyeckr gave me. They're putting on new growth.

They're inside a grow tent.
(I measured the temperature difference and it's 7 degrees (F) warmer inside the enclosure than inside the room it is in)

SoCal2warm:
Ichangquat seedlings

mikkel:
Interesting that the cotyledons are above the ground. Was the seed on top of the ground?

SoCal2warm:

--- Quote from: mikkel on February 05, 2019, 03:22:34 AM ---Interesting that the cotyledons are above the ground. Was the seed on top of the ground?

--- End quote ---
Actually that pattern appears to be the norm for Ichangquat seedlings.
The seed splits open and rises just a little, and remains attached to the seedling.
As you can see, these split seeds have turned very green and remain an integral part of the seedling, but they are definitely solid and haven't turned into flat little leaves.
I haven't noticed this unique growth pattern on any other of the many different types of seedlings I'm growing.

Sylvain:
For citrus, the type of germination (epigeal/hypogeal) is not marked.
If the seed is sown more than 1 cm in the soil the germination will be hypogeal.
If the seed is sown less than 1 cm in the soil the germination will be epigeal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version