Author Topic: Anyone buy seeds from this website before?  (Read 5377 times)

murahilin

• Administrator
    • USA Greenacres, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Anyone buy seeds from this website before?
« on: February 06, 2012, 11:21:05 PM »

I found them while looking for chupa chupa seeds.

http://www.kiwiboancaya.net/index.php?route=product/category&path=44

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
Re: Anyone buy seeds from this website before?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 12:24:21 AM »

I found them while looking for chupa chupa seeds.

http://www.kiwiboancaya.net/index.php?route=product/category&path=44

Never heard of them before. I found out they are located in Lima, Peru. If you click the link for chupa chupa it says it is out of stock, if you click most of the seeds it says they are out of stock. It seems they are mostly selling  and specializing in ethnobotanicals. You should know also that now USA customs is very strict and opens most packages, especially from places like Peru, and if there is no seed import permit the package will be confiscated.
Oscar
Oscar

murahilin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 12:43:53 AM »
I have my import permit and customs has still ocassionally destroyed my seeds!

The best is when they said I didn't have a phyto for my small lot of seed permit! It says on the permit that that the phyto is not needed. The idiots at US Customs strike again.

One time Customs confiscated my budwood saying I needed a US Phyto for it. Lol! When I went to the USDA to pick it up they were amazed at how stupid the customs officer was to say a US phyto was needed. I had the Trinidad phyto where the budwood originated. I should have a scan or picture of that paper from customs. I'll see if I can find it.

I saw the chupa chupa was out of stock but it said T. bicolor was in stock. I may be interested in buying that.

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 12:58:25 AM »
I have my import permit and customs has still ocassionally destroyed my seeds!

The best is when they said I didn't have a phyto for my small lot of seed permit! It says on the permit that that the phyto is not needed. The idiots at US Customs strike again.

One time Customs confiscated my budwood saying I needed a US Phyto for it. Lol! When I went to the USDA to pick it up they were amazed at how stupid the customs officer was to say a US phyto was needed. I had the Trinidad phyto where the budwood originated. I should have a scan or picture of that paper from customs. I'll see if I can find it.

I saw the chupa chupa was out of stock but it said T. bicolor was in stock. I may be interested in buying that.

I have T. bicolor on my seed page, but not fruiting right now. Usually have chupa chupa seeds around Thanksgiving time.
Yeah, i know what you mean about USDA, i could tell you a lot of horror stories, but will spare you. I have noticed that they have become a lot more strict over the last couple of months, so any tiny little thing out of order, like not using green and yellow address labels on package, and they incinerate your package.
Oscar
Oscar

Soren

• Zone 12, Uganda
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 03:12:16 AM »
Here they will just steal the packages that look too attractive or they arrive many months later (perhaps after a continental round-tour?). Very frustrating indeed. 
Søren
Kampala, Uganda

TropicalFruitHunters

• USA, Columbus, OH, xxxxx Zone 5b
    • View Profile
    • Tropical Fruit Hunters
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 07:52:43 AM »
They are not the smartest or most efficient group that's for sure.  However...if you scream loud and long enough going up the ladder of responsibility...satisfaction was obtained!  This first time legit transaction was my last for them.  I'll take my chances with seeds without their incompetence.

Felipe

• Global Moderator
    • Canary Islands, Spain - 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 10:49:06 AM »
It's the first time I hear of that shop. They are not located in Lima, but in Pucallpa. It is a town in the peruvian Amazon where I stood for two weeks.. By now the matisia season is starting over there. I remember the markets were flooded with the fruit. Locally they call it 'zapote'. I guess if you ask them, they also could get for you other seeds, maybe from local markets...

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 05:43:42 PM »
It's the first time I hear of that shop. They are not located in Lima, but in Pucallpa. It is a town in the peruvian Amazon where I stood for two weeks.. By now the matisia season is starting over there. I remember the markets were flooded with the fruit. Locally they call it 'zapote'. I guess if you ask them, they also could get for you other seeds, maybe from local markets...

Their website is registered to an address in Lima. Where do you get the Pucallpa address?didn't see any contact info on thier website.
Oscar
Oscar

murahilin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 06:12:54 PM »
Their website is registered to an address in Lima. Where do you get the Pucallpa address?didn't see any contact info on thier website.
Oscar

In the top right corner they have a contact button that has Pucallpa as the city. http://www.kiwiboancaya.net/index.php?route=information/contact

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 06:28:06 PM »
Oscar

In the top right corner they have a contact button that has Pucallpa as the city. http://www.kiwiboancaya.net/index.php?route=information/contact

OK, thanks i missed that. I made a trial order from them and will let you all know how it goes. If anyone wants to order from them, or any unknown, i suggest doing simialry: making very small order to test the waters.
Oscar
Oscar

murahilin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 06:41:33 PM »
How do you go about sending them a copy of your permits and green/yellow tags? Do you email them pdfs or mail them actual copies?

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 06:51:57 PM »
How do you go about sending them a copy of your permits and green/yellow tags? Do you email them pdfs or mail them actual copies?

Everything is sent as an attachment. USDA accepts printed copies, no need for originals. Mainly they are looking for your permit number, not official documents.
Oscar
Oscar

murahilin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 06:57:54 PM »
Everything is sent as an attachment. USDA accepts printed copies, no need for originals. Mainly they are looking for your permit number, not official documents.
Oscar

Oh okay. That is what I've done in the past. I thought maybe that's why my seeds were getting confiscated even though I had the permit. I will continue to send the PDFs. I just checked today and my small lot of seed permit has expired. I went to the USDA website but they locked me out due to not accessing the website in over 400 days. I now have to contact them to get it reinstated.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk