Author Topic: FYI: HTFG Oahu Chapter Grafting Class at Makaha Mangoes  (Read 988 times)

palologrower

• Honolulu, HI, US, Zone 12B
    • View Profile
FYI: HTFG Oahu Chapter Grafting Class at Makaha Mangoes
« on: June 28, 2018, 03:37:55 AM »
Interested in learning to graft your own mango varieties? Now's your chance! The Oahu chapter of the HTFG will be focusing on grafting together at our second 2018 meeting. We'll be generously hosted by Mark Suiso at Makaha Mangoes, and will be enjoying a farm tour.

Please bring your own potted rootstock (avocado or mango), or you can buy one from us for $5. We'll learn to collect mango scions, and will get a quick lesson in grafting technique, then we will help each other graft, workshop style. I know we have a lot of knowledge out there - please come ready to make new fruity friends and share your grafting know-how with each other. (If anyone has specialized grafting knowledge they would be willing to share at this event, please let me know.)

Please bring if you can:
Grafting knives/tools
Parafilm/Grafting wax tape
Extra mango or avo rootstock to share
Mango/avo scions to share
Snacks to share (especially fruit!!)

Workshop is free for current Oahu HTFG members, $5 for everyone else.

mangomanic12

• Phoenix, AZ
    • View Profile
Re: FYI: HTFG Oahu Chapter Grafting Class at Makaha Mangoes
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 11:16:27 AM »
Man I wish I could attend that. Sounds like a fun day to me...making new friends, learning a new skill , eating great tropical fruits and  a farm tour to boot.
Enjoy !!!!
Sounds like a great event!

HIfarm

• Paukaa, HI, USA zone 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 01:45:37 PM »
Sounds like a great event, Lance.  This is exactly the sort of event I was trying to get going here but never got off the ground.  You are offering it at a great price too.  I may have just missed it but I didn't notice mention of date & time.

John

palologrower

• Honolulu, HI, US, Zone 12B
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 05:54:57 AM »
Sounds like a great event, Lance.  This is exactly the sort of event I was trying to get going here but never got off the ground.  You are offering it at a great price too.  I may have just missed it but I didn't notice mention of date & time.

John

This Sunday.   I think the class may be not necessary for the advanced grafter but mark does have quite a bit of varieties.  Even has a variety he has developed on his own and is very good.