Author Topic: Typical yield of your annonas?  (Read 1468 times)

Das Bhut

• Davie
    • View Profile
Typical yield of your annonas?
« on: February 20, 2015, 03:27:27 PM »
How many fruits do you guys normally get on your sugar apple, custard apple, atemoya, cherimoya, rollinia, ilama, and guanabana trees?

michsu

• Hacienda Heights, CA (Southern California, Los Angeles)
    • View Profile
    • Pictures of my trees.. nothing fancy
Re: Typical yield of your annonas?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 04:31:40 PM »
0... maybe because most of them have only been in the ground 1 year?  ;D but you can get at least 5-10 even from a big pot (15g or less) I believe.. pots that as are big as ASaffron's (25 gal +), you can get way more..
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 04:44:13 PM by michsu »

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 05:04:24 PM »
From my experience, I got like 2-3 regular sized cherimoya fruits from 3 year old plants in 15 gal containers. However, I did not bother to pollinate the flowers and it was less then optimal conditions for fruit. If I was to do again, I would say 10-15 full size fruits would be possible from a 15 to 25 gal tree.
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

fisherking73

• Hollywood (Broward county), Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 05:18:29 PM »
My babies were very young when I planted them last year, they tried to push 5 fruit from 2 trees, but cut em off to  let them focus on growing a bit. Don't know if they would have gone to full maturation, we will see this year. Also have a new rollinia that hopefully will fruit this year. But more likely the next. My 2 trees were probably 7 gallon size when I got an planted them and they were trying to fruit at that size. They have not grown much since last year. And this winter has knocked almost all the leaves off.

From the sea

• Big Island Hawaii
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 06:39:43 PM »
My sugar apples are about 10' tall and 3 years old last year I got 12 fruit over the summer and 4 more in the fall with out hand pollination 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk