Author Topic: Macapuno coconut fruiting in Boca  (Read 10624 times)

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
Re: Macapuno coconut fruiting in Boca
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2016, 09:08:59 PM »
Sorry for late reply, I got detained by the jungle :).
I'm indeed in Peru, but not here for a noble cause or golden cacao beens. Just a poor man looking for El Dorado :).

No, orange jacks didn't take, just few BK Lemons. But I did learn how Indians have high success rates with jackfruit grafting, so I'd rather go the scion route later on  :).

kh0110

• USA, Cerritos, CA 90703, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2016, 09:44:33 PM »
Sorry for late reply, I got detained by the jungle :).
I'm indeed in Peru, but not here for a noble cause or golden cacao beens. Just a poor man looking for El Dorado :).

No, orange jacks didn't take, just few BK Lemons. But I did learn how Indians have high success rates with jackfruit grafting, so I'd rather go the scion route later on  :).

DurianLover, would you care to share this jackfruit grafting secret (in one of the grafting posts)?
Thera

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2016, 11:16:13 AM »
DurianLover, would you care to share this jackfruit grafting secret (in one of the grafting posts)?

Sure. I have video somewhere. I'll upload once I get back to more civilized world with faster internet. Actually it's budding technically.
I want to learn another method they use in another part of South India where they graft on just weeks old seedlings. That suppose to be even more bullet proof with nearly 100% take.

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2016, 10:52:37 PM »

Sure. I have video somewhere. I'll upload once I get back to more civilized world with faster internet. Actually it's budding technically.
I want to learn another method they use in another part of South India where they graft on just weeks old seedlings. That suppose to be even more bullet proof with nearly 100% take.

Let us know what you find in Peru.  The No Latexes Jack Line, I will soon have two best of class distinctive fruit ecotypes ripening in synch this summer and fall, Parkland Orange Snob is the smooth ray skin ( like the handle covering the tang on a Samurai sword) and the Boca Orange snob is the spiney Spunik sharp sharkskin.  You can takes the seeds and it will flowers in 18 months but you must not let it set fruit or it will stunt the seedling and degradation  set in.  If you wait till third years it will be 20 feet than let fruit set.  Commercial production kick into gear fourth year.  If you graft it, will take you three years anyway.  Yeah I want to see the bullet proof grafting video for jack too😄!  Wife threatening me to move out of this Jewish redneck neighboorhood and into Jewish Beverly Hill Royal Palm Boca Raton, so I might have to start grafting all the mother trees of breeding.  My junglesop of eight years I might dig it up or just graft to my younger junglesop in 50 Gallon barrel to be safe, junglesop dont like tranplanting when they are old and senile like me!😭 So yes please show us the kickass grafting video!

Thank God I have Nullzero, If an Asteroid hit my house and wipe everything out; I guess I can sell the rocks and buy back my genetic land fill from Stephen!💸👍🏻

Thera, Nullzero will bring back the Parkland no latex Orange Snob so remind me to give Stephen.  The Orange Snob seedling delivered to you last year and this spring is the Boca No latex Orange snob which has the distinctive spiney Spunik sharkskin fruit. So you will have two distinctive No Latex Boca Orange snob ecotypes that will 90% chance of producing like its parent trees here in West Palm Beach and Broward county.  Parkland is 10 minutes from my house from which Nullzero saw last year the Jack proving ground for this cultivar.  Parkland is dryer, poorer soil than Boca Raton . Basically Jackfruit are grown on coquina bedrock punctuated by mini sink holes!😬🏝.
The Biggest Fart in the Old West! 68 confirmed killed🔫💀

ben mango

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2020, 01:57:52 AM »
Whatever happened to the Macapuno growing in FL? Thread could use an update. I tried smuggling a few plants back to big island from the Philippines a few years ago , but they didnt make it.  was lucky enough to try it a cpl Times , at least