Author Topic: my mango fruit split into half vertically  (Read 1663 times)

knlim000

• redwood city,ca
    • View Profile
my mango fruit split into half vertically
« on: June 09, 2017, 02:10:55 AM »
my mango fruit split into half vertically. fruit is about 3inchs long. Should I harvest it or let it continue growing?

AnnonaMangoLord45

• LeafyMango
  • I love Mangoes
    • SoCal zone 10b
    • View Profile
Re: my mango fruit split into half vertically
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 07:01:22 AM »
Might wanna throw it away, it's not gonna recover from such damage, rotting as it ripens. On the plus side though, you might get even more growth on your mango trees this year!

LEOOEL

• USA, South Florida, Miami, Temperature Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 09:28:06 PM »
Perhaps you had excessive rains that caused the mango to split. I've had the same experience with 'Young' mangos, but nothing excessive.

Here at my location in Miami, FL, it's been raining almost everyday for the past 2 weeks. Since I love the rain, I don't mind all these excessive downpours. Now I've gotten a taste of what it feels like from some articles I've read, where some Americans go to live in tropical S. America, but then just get the hell out of there after 2 straight months of nonstop rain.
'Virtue' should be taught, learned and propagated, in order to save others and oneself.

arvind

• Malaysia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 11:06:45 PM »
Perhaps you had excessive rains that caused the mango to split. I've had the same experience with 'Young' mangos, but nothing excessive.

Here at my location in Miami, FL, it's been raining almost everyday for the past 2 weeks. Since I love the rain, I don't mind all these excessive downpours. Now I've gotten a taste of what it feels like from some articles I've read, where some Americans go to live in tropical S. America, but then just get the hell out of there after 2 straight months of nonstop rain.

For someone who live his whole life in the equator where the annual rainfall is above 3800mm i know how it feels. Cant fruit mangoes at my place due to the excessive rain and the year long wet climate only exacerbate fungal diseases on dry loving plants.Also the humid condition makes fungal disease prevalent on your bodies especially on someone who sweats a lot >:( If you are stressful when having problems the gloomy weather makes it worse

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk