Author Topic: Avocado cultivation and production in Republic Of Georgia, NEED ADVICE  (Read 1115 times)

Iraklisani

• Republic Of Georgia, Tbilisi
    • View Profile
Dear All, after gathering information finally i have answers, best avocados fit my area are Mexican verities and also i should try hass

Could you please advice ?

which is the most fastest way for propagation avocado trees   (please consider plants or trees should be transported from USA to Republic Of Georgia via plane, and it will take at least total 10 days)? should i buy crafted trees in 3 gal post per verity and here propagate or should i purchase  rootstocks  per verity and make cloning?

If you have any other idea or methods to suggest it would be grate
My final target is production of avocados locally Zone 8 and Zone 9 by selection and observations from aboved mentioned varies

Thanks in advance

Seanny

• Garden Grove, Orange County, California, 10B
    • View Profile
Laguna Hills Nursery here sell these small grafted avocados for $30 each.

Might be a good size for shipping oversea.

The "C" on the bags stand for Carmen.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 06:14:01 PM by Seanny »

yoski

• Sebring, FL
    • View Profile
Pine island Nursery in Miami-Dade sells a bunch of Avocados. Bacon, Lula and Monroe are very good quality and somewhat cold resistant to maybe -4 Celsius.
Al's Fruit Tree LLC (check Google) in the same area is also and excellent source of quality trees.

Iraklisani

• Republic Of Georgia, Tbilisi
    • View Profile
Thanks you for answering, please respond on following question
What is an average annual sunlight/sunshine for successful ripening on avocado (per variety if available) ??

Thanks in advance 

Oolie

• San Diego
    • View Profile
Race dependent, with Guatemalan being the highest and West Indian being the lowest, with hybrids being in-between.

If you use anything other than West Indian types for rootstock, make sure to find a good source of Potassium, either SOP or Langbeinite. Potassium Chloride will cause the leaf tips to burn.

ricshaw

• USA, Southern California, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • ricshaw805 YouTube Channel
Laguna Hills Nursery here sell these small grafted avocados for $30 each.

Might be a good size for shipping oversea.
The "C" on the bags stand for Carmen.

Those small grafted Avocado and other Avocado trees sold a Laguna Hills Nursery come from wholesale grower Brokaw Nursery, LLC, Ventura, California.

Jose Spain

• Marbella, Spain. Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Hi Irakli,

Are you planning to grow avocados in the coast or in eastern Georgia?