Author Topic: Maha Chanok difficult to graft? (Harry )  (Read 1564 times)

Tropicdude

• Broward County, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
Maha Chanok difficult to graft? (Harry )
« on: August 14, 2012, 03:28:04 PM »
I was just trying to confirm whether or not MC was a Poly or Mono-embryonic, and came across some very old posts made by Harry, ( 2003 ).

In those post you mentioned you had some difficulty grafting Maha Chanok. and a man named Leo gave you some tips.

Anyway my question,  what did you find was the best method to propagate MC?  you did mention limited success with approach graft, but I am guessing that 9 years later you must have perfected some technique,  and I wan to learn from the master :)
William
" The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.....The second best time, is now ! "

HMHausman

• Mod Emeritus
    • USA, Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, Florida, Zone 10B
    • View Profile
    • Pines Ticket Defense, LLC
Re: Maha Chanok difficult to graft? (Harry )
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 04:51:53 PM »
Sorry.....no master here.  Not when it comes to grafting anyway.  My successes have pretty much all been approach grafts.  I did one succesful air layer.  I just haven't attempted to do any other grafts and haven't had time to really do much experimentation and certainly no perfection of technique has been accomplished. Sorry to say.  :-[

Harry
Harry
Fort Lauderdale, FL 
USA

Tropicdude

• Broward County, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Maha Chanok difficult to graft? (Harry )
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 06:55:42 PM »
Sorry.....no master here.  Not when it comes to grafting anyway.  My successes have pretty much all been approach grafts.  I did one succesful air layer.  I just haven't attempted to do any other grafts and haven't had time to really do much experimentation and certainly no perfection of technique has been accomplished. Sorry to say.  :-[

Harry

I think I will try the approach graft on the MC then, seems the safest route.
William
" The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.....The second best time, is now ! "

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk