Author Topic: Desinfecting spray on fruit tree's  (Read 2353 times)

sunny

• Thailand
    • View Profile
Desinfecting spray on fruit tree's
« on: April 08, 2020, 11:46:12 PM »
Today all my tree's got sprayed by the government with a desinfecting spray (no idea what it is)...

Is that bad for tree's and what can i do to rescue them in case they get damage?

Did you guys also get this?

Oolie

• San Diego
    • View Profile
Re: Desinfecting spray on fruit tree's
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 11:48:30 PM »
Hasn't happened here. Not sure you want to go around asking though.

sunny

• Thailand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 11:55:19 PM »

Well i have been very busy growing rare tree's for a decade, now my pedalai is blooming (only one in thailand maybe) and it got sprayed....i hate it also i don't see this helping to stop the 'virus' . We are in lockdown for many weeks and don't go out so what's the use of spraying streets and gardens?

It might also be in your garden soon, who knows...if i can justify this action  maybe i feel better about it but so far i can't understand it. We have maybe 100 deads in total of the virus, every single day 65 people die on the roads here in traffic and that's just normal, nobody cares one bit.

I will go rinse my tree's now....maybe it helps. Don't want to loose my pedalai bloom.

Rtreid

• Zone 10a Sunset zone 24
  • Zone 10a, Sunset 24, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 11:56:10 PM »
Do you have any idea what they sprayed them with?

Jabba The Hutt

• Appleton, New York, 6b/Pine Island, Bokeelia, Florida 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 12:38:11 AM »
Today all my tree's got sprayed by the government with a desinfecting spray (no idea what it is)...

Is that bad for tree's and what can i do to rescue them in case they get damage?

Did you guys also get this?

What in the world?!?! I take it telling the government to stick that sprayer up their @$$ wouldn't go over too kindly... yet I wouldn't be able to resist. 8)

When somebody forcibly applies something to your property you would hope they would be at least required to tell you what the chemical composition of whatever dispicable practice they are enforcing entails.

I would enquire where my free organic nutrients and trees are for life since they are in such a generous mood!

If it were me, I would make sure to not use anything of a chemical nature for the next couple years for sure, I would just focus on building healthy soil with green manure/mulch and hopefully whatever nasty they hit your trees with will disapate quickly. I know biochar and charcoal has been used as a chelator to absorb heavy metals/toxins.

Jabba The Hutt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 12:46:52 AM »

Well i have been very busy growing rare tree's for a decade, now my pedalai is blooming (only one in thailand maybe) and it got sprayed....i hate it also i don't see this helping to stop the 'virus' . We are in lockdown for many weeks and don't go out so what's the use of spraying streets and gardens?

It might also be in your garden soon, who knows...if i can justify this action  maybe i feel better about it but so far i can't understand it. We have maybe 100 deads in total of the virus, every single day 65 people die on the roads here in traffic and that's just normal, nobody cares one bit.

I will go rinse my tree's now....maybe it helps. Don't want to loose my pedalai bloom.

No need for YOU to justify it but somebody should certainly be explaining themselves.

I can't even fathom what excuses will pour out for such a disgusting trampling of rights...I'm pulling for you sunny! Whoever is mandating this nonsense should have to eat all their food saturated with whatever concoction they have decided to utilize since it is such a great idea and obviously necessary for safety. >:(

pineislander

• Bokeelia, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2020, 07:39:26 AM »
Just be glad you're not a slave on the Thai fishing boats it is a very bad situation.
Most common disinfectant being used is a chlorine bleach solution you could probably smell it.

Jabba The Hutt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2020, 08:08:36 AM »
Just be glad you're not a slave on the Thai fishing boats it is a very bad situation.
Most common disinfectant being used is a chlorine bleach solution you could probably smell it.

Good point, If it were a sodium hypochlorite solution I would bet you would be able to smell it

Jaboticaba45

• Check out TN Tropical Fruits!
  • Tropical Fruit Tree Connoisseur
    • Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2020, 09:01:19 AM »
If there are fruit on the tree when it was sprayed I would recommend not to eat it, especially if you don't know what they sprayed

sunny

• Thailand
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2020, 11:50:16 AM »
Well i don't know what they sprayed but sure not chlorine, i doesn't smell like that. A firetruck came in the street and sprayed with huge canons and very thoroughly...all my just grafted ones got the full load..also the soil...

Yes i have some dekopons which got sprayed but they are not ripe yet.

The pedalai flower is still alive, that's my biggest worry. It took me 6 years to grow that and i sure don't want to loose it for something that makes no sense imo. What do my tree's or cars have to do with corona virus? This is all for show, people still don't wear masks in our streets/parks and also come close to you...

Anyway, be prepared for things like this...you never know how crazy governments or neighbourhoods can get. Even when it doesn't make any sense at all they can just do it..

We also have an alcohol ban now for 14 days, curfew which might be a total lockdown soon...all shops closed already for weeks but guess what? In south thailand they will just start songkran which is thai new year next monday. Big waterfights all days long on the streets.

All my tree's look fine though thats the good news...they sprayed them around noon when it was 36 celcius or 100 fahrenheit here and full sun....couldn't be a worse moment.

Jabba The Hutt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2020, 04:54:09 PM »
Well i don't know what they sprayed but sure not chlorine, i doesn't smell like that. A firetruck came in the street and sprayed with huge canons and very thoroughly...all my just grafted ones got the full load..also the soil...

Yes i have some dekopons which got sprayed but they are not ripe yet.

The pedalai flower is still alive, that's my biggest worry. It took me 6 years to grow that and i sure don't want to loose it for something that makes no sense imo. What do my tree's or cars have to do with corona virus? This is all for show, people still don't wear masks in our streets/parks and also come close to you...

Anyway, be prepared for things like this...you never know how crazy governments or neighbourhoods can get. Even when it doesn't make any sense at all they can just do it..

We also have an alcohol ban now for 14 days, curfew which might be a total lockdown soon...all shops closed already for weeks but guess what? In south thailand they will just start songkran which is thai new year next monday. Big waterfights all days long on the streets.

All my tree's look fine though thats the good news...they sprayed them around noon when it was 36 celcius or 100 fahrenheit here and full sun....couldn't be a worse moment.

I hate to break it to people who are paranoid but Corona isn't hanging around in trees waiting for it's next victim as some would lead you to believe ::)

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2020, 05:00:59 PM »
They do the same here ,spray the trees and the gardens.
I think its because the mens that spray the substances,are usually spraying trees and are used with that like a professional defect  ;D.

palmcity

• Martin County, Fl zone10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2020, 07:02:28 PM »
ok, I thought this thread was a joke but I see it really happened... lol

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/03/14/811609026/the-new-coronavirus-can-live-on-surfaces-for-2-3-days-heres-how-to-clean-them?fbclid=IwAR3Di5jVSCkgpIzKX2rQaQUwhFR2yrIqhNdtykCHHmbIk_vn1DPL7xCCVt0

covid-19 is active 3 days per this information... Tell them no one has touched the tree in 4 days just to be sure all the virus is now inactive... lol..    Also UV rays from the sun kill it faster than that....

But, same thing happened in school systems cleaning rooms not occupied for 7 days to deactivate a virus that was already deactivated by day 4.... I guess someone needs a job... My wife said watch the TV news tonight to see farmers flooding a field with milk intended to go to school kids... Once again, if gov't pays them for it, just throw it away as already paid by subsidy....   A lot of things don't make sense....

sunny

• Thailand
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2020, 03:13:11 AM »
I think its because the mens that spray the substances,are usually spraying trees and are used with that like a professional defect  ;D.

Well the government  just tries to do all they can...that's why they do it here. They won't go telling people how to behave, that's not done here and spraying is easy. Tonight they'll be running/cycling rounds again without mouthmasks or social distancing.

My tree's all still look good though so i'm happy anyway.

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2020, 03:20:21 AM »

Well the government  just tries to do all they can...that's why they do it here. They won't go telling people how to behave, that's not done here and spraying is easy. Tonight they'll be running/cycling rounds again without mouthmasks or social distancing.

You should see when they make treatment here against mosquitos.Guy with gas mask and 2 stroke fogger got at every building floor spraying and making that chainsaw like noize at the door.
If you forget a window opened ,you would have to get out of the house because the fog was soo thick that you couldnt see at 1 meter distance and you wouldnt even see the stairs from standing up to get out of the house .
As kids we liked to hide in that dense fog with gas masks.

sunny

• Thailand
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2020, 04:14:02 AM »

You should see when they make treatment here against mosquitos.Guy with gas mask and 2 stroke fogger got at every building floor spraying and making that chainsaw like noize at the door.
If you forget a window opened ,you would have to get out of the house because the fog was soo thick that you couldnt see at 1 meter distance and you wouldnt even see the stairs from standing up to get out of the house .
As kids we liked to hide in that dense fog with gas masks.

Yes it's the same here when the mozzies get smoked out...
One day i stayed in a hotel and they did that without warning us, i thought it was a fire and started panicking..very dense smoke and soo much of it.
But it doesn't help much against mozzies....

gnappi

• South East Florida (U.S.A) Zone 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2020, 09:15:13 AM »
Sounds like mosquito fogging to me. Here in Florida, some cities used: "mosquito larvicide, VectoBac WDG" which they claim is not harmful to bees, people, fruit etc.

Regards,

Gary

shot

• usa fl bokeelia 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2020, 09:33:34 AM »
Talk about going through the motions!

Pan Dulce

• Central Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2020, 08:35:00 PM »
They are most likely applying products that are plant safe such as XeroTol 2.0. 

In the greenhouses I manage, we spray the walls, floors, wetpads, benches, and plants with it to control pathogens and algae.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk