Author Topic: Pometia pinnata help!  (Read 2828 times)

sytanta

• Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
    • View Profile
Pometia pinnata help!
« on: September 17, 2017, 04:25:46 AM »
Hello,

My Pometia pinnata seedling leaves eventually turn black, twisted. Some leaves have black spots. I've tried using:

+ Calcium carbonate
+ Organic fertilizer which contains N, P, K, Ca, Mg

None of the above works. I'm not sure if that is because of lacking some nutrient or being sun burnt though I put it in full shade. Anyone has the same issue?

« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 01:45:00 PM by sytanta »

arvind

• Malaysia
    • View Profile
Re: Pometia pinnata help!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 10:30:45 PM »
Thats odd.i bought a similar sized plant in late early August and planted it on the ground.I removed the shade after a week.Now its in full sun and lots of new growth.Maybe its some kind of disease

sytanta

• Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 02:52:15 AM »
Thanks Arvind for the input! All of my Pometias have been blackening that way and eventually died.

May I ask what is your annual temperature and soil's ph?

arvind

• Malaysia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 07:17:33 AM »
Thanks Arvind for the input! All of my Pometias have been blackening that way and eventually died.

May I ask what is your annual temperature and soil's ph?

the maximum temperature here is about 36 degrees celcius and the lowest ever recorded is 19 degrees celcius.annual rainfall is about 4000mm  and altitude is less than 40m .soil ph is between 5.5 to 6

sytanta

• Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 09:38:05 AM »
Thanks Arvind!
Your climate is very similar to mine. Maybe some disease or ph and soil type took part in this.

arvind

• Malaysia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 09:20:46 PM »
Thanks Arvind!
Your climate is very similar to mine. Maybe some disease or ph and soil type took part in this.
well it seemed to grow on any soil here as long as it is not waterlogged

sytanta

• Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 09:36:18 PM »
well it seemed to grow on any soil here as long as it is not waterlogged

Thanks Arvind, I narrowed down to disease and suspected that my Pometia has been infected by "Colletotrichum gloeosporioides", "Cephaleures virescens".
I'll use some organic curers and post result for anyone that may meet similar issue.

arvind

• Malaysia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 10:45:44 PM »
here is my plant

arvind

• Malaysia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 10:47:03 PM »
where did you got the seeds from and what color is the fruit? Mine is the purple colored variety with hard shell

sytanta

• Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 11:15:36 PM »
where did you got the seeds from and what color is the fruit? Mine is the purple colored variety with hard shell

Your tree is very nice and healthy! I've expected my Pometia to be like that but unfortunately they've been sick.
Besides, I got seeds from Han Sen (Malaysia same as you). It is also purple, hard-shell variety.

arvind

• Malaysia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 03:27:15 AM »

Your tree is very nice and healthy! I've expected my Pometia to be like that but unfortunately they've been sick.
Besides, I got seeds from Han Sen (Malaysia same as you). It is also purple, hard-shell variety.
I also bought the varieties from Han Sen.There are about 6 other varieties that i know .Among them are the green colored with hard shell,green colored with thin shell,yellow colored shell,yellow with reddish tinge,red colored,green with reddish tinge and brown colored shell

sytanta

• Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2017, 03:39:28 AM »
I also bought the varieties from Han Sen.There are about 6 other varieties that i know .Among them are the green colored with hard shell,green colored with thin shell,yellow colored shell,yellow with reddish tinge,red colored,green with reddish tinge and brown colored shell

That is quite many! After successfully treating my current Pometia, I'll try some more varieties as you listed.

Btw, in your pics of Pometia, the landscape is awesome! Is that your orchard?

arvind

• Malaysia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 06:49:26 AM »

That is quite many! After successfully treating my current Pometia, I'll try some more varieties as you listed.

Btw, in your pics of Pometia, the landscape is awesome! Is that your orchard?
No not my orchard.its at the back of my house.the piece of land opposite the stream lined with coconuts belong to someone else

arvind

• Malaysia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2017, 06:52:15 AM »
if you want to purchase the other varieties try searching facebook for someone by the name of Helmi Matoa and Helmi Hussein Tabano.He is from Indonesia Riau province and he exports the fruit to malaysia

sytanta

• Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2017, 10:19:30 AM »
No not my orchard.its at the back of my house.the piece of land opposite the stream lined with coconuts belong to someone else

Still very nice view tho! I really like the view!

sytanta

• Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2017, 10:26:52 AM »
if you want to purchase the other varieties try searching facebook for someone by the name of Helmi Matoa and Helmi Hussein Tabano.He is from Indonesia Riau province and he exports the fruit to malaysia

Thanks Arvind! This is very much helps. I've just found his facebook page. He is 100% a Matoa expert.