Author Topic: Mango id  (Read 746 times)

Nyuu

• Florida , lake placid 9b
    • View Profile
Mango id
« on: October 01, 2020, 07:30:53 PM »
It a mango of a friend . it does have fiber . She thinks it might be turpentine mango shape and size it doesn't seem correct to me ? If you have any idea what it maybe let know what you might think you might be and ty ?

Nyuu

• View Profile
Re: Mango id
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 07:44:45 PM »
It a mango of a friend . it does have fiber . She thinks it might be turpentine mango shape and size it doesn't seem correct to me ? If you have any idea what it maybe let know what you might think you might be and ty ?

Sorry I  forgot about the pictures

Satya

• North Miami Beach, FL , Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • Growing rare tropicals and fruit trees.
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 07:58:49 PM »

Turpentine i have eaten are smaller in size than these and they were very fibrous. If the tree is a seedling it could be one of many variations of turpentine found in FL.

Satya

• North Miami Beach, FL , Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • Growing rare tropicals and fruit trees.
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 08:01:24 PM »

Turpentine i have eaten are smaller in size than these and they were very fibrous. If the tree is a seedling it could be one of many variations of turpentine found in FL.

See this one :) it had a beautiful yellow/orange color and round in shape, smaller than a tennis ball size.

Nyuu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 08:07:19 PM »

She bought a grafted tree but she think cold front burned it down below the graft but she not a 100% sure  but you maybe right about it

Nyuu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 08:10:37 PM »

See this one :) it had a beautiful yellow/orange color and round in shape, smaller than a tennis ball size.

That's what I'm more used to seeing small turpentine mangoes