Author Topic: Water Extracts of IBA from plants  (Read 961 times)

TerraFrutisEcuador

• Morona-Santiago Province, Ecuador
    • View Profile
    • TerraFrutis.com
Water Extracts of IBA from plants
« on: October 12, 2015, 11:14:22 PM »
I have read about willow being used as a rooting hormone, I am here to ask if anyone knows of plants more rich in IBA and if water extracts are the ideal solvent? I am looking for something more tropical as I am in Ecuador. Shipping rooting hormone is not the best option here but it is one. I would rather use a bit more time and effort than outsourcing though. So any insightfilled science based information is very appreciated.

I will continue to research myself, thanks!

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
Re: Water Extracts of IBA from plants
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 02:23:38 AM »
http://preparednessmama.com/natural-rooting-hormone/  This article (and comments below) may help somewhat, but I highly doubt that your home made IBA solution will be as effective as those produced commercially and backed by lab research. IBA not solvent in water, so you'll have to go through alcohol process and later dilute to acceptable ppm.  Your best bet is to order large commercial size jar from US, and use it according to your needs. 
By the way, looking at your website I'm really impressed by the land you found, project and determination. If you need something forwarded from US or any seeds from SE Asia when I travel, let me know. No money needed. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk